By 2ndchoice - 12/12/2009 15:47 - Belgium

Today, my boyfriend wanted to tell me how much he loves me. He said a lot of wonderful things, such as not being able to live without me and hoping that I would want to live with him and marry him someday. He ended his loving speech with his ex-girlfriend's name instead of mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 005
You deserved it 2 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kind of uncomfortable, but it probably doesn't mean much if they were together for a long time. I still occasionally slip up and almost use my exes name, and we've been apart for 3 year and I left him and most certainly don't have feelings for him. I'm sure your bf is kicking himself enough. Just appreciate that he did mean to say those things to you.

Sometimes people mix up names. For example, I just had a baby, and sometimes I accidentally call her by her brother's name. It's not that I love my son more, it's that I haven't reprogrammed myself to say her name. I talk to a baby and my son's name comes to mind, because until now he's the only baby I've talked to on a regular basis. Does that make any sense?

Comments

expen_dable 0

did you react by whining and crying and stomping around like a fat girl with PMS? I can picture it now, sweaty rolls bouncing, fat moo cow noises...

Sometimes people mix up names. For example, I just had a baby, and sometimes I accidentally call her by her brother's name. It's not that I love my son more, it's that I haven't reprogrammed myself to say her name. I talk to a baby and my son's name comes to mind, because until now he's the only baby I've talked to on a regular basis. Does that make any sense?

I bet his ex-girlfriend didn't fall for that speech, either. FYL? Hell, you're lucky. You just found out you don't have to waste any more of your life on him.

Thats when you start you're speech and end it with an ex boyfriends name. problem solved

talk to him about it, maybe he did the whole ross thing and just ****** up because he was nervous. or you know he still has feelings for his ex.

caseychief 0

Great job! Way to ruin him! I can tell I'm living with the "me" generation.

quarty165 0

how long ago did he date her? and how long have u two been dating? cuz i used to call my bf by my ex's name a lot when we started dating. i didn't even think of my ex; it was just a freudian slip. so this could mean nth - or he's in love with his ex

I don't think Freudian slip means what you think it means...

DoingItWrong 0

Slips are sexy and all, but I think flannel is better. Functional and fun.

elizzie_g 0

He probably didn't mean it like that. I wouldn't worry about it unless he repeatedly does it.

katiek808 0

that happen to my ex he sent it to his gf insted of me. haha i just laughed. but im srry that must really suck