Say it

By Her - 06/11/2009 20:36 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of two years took me out to breakfast. We were eating and he kept on staring at me like he was thinking of something really important. I thought he was going to say, "I love you". So I told him to, "say it already." Turns out he was thinking of a way to dump me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 435
You deserved it 5 562

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MiddleChild08 0

Your boyfriend of two years had never said I love you before (which is what it seems from the way you said it)? I think you should have been expecting a break up...either he really doesn't want to be with you or he has commitment issues...

i don't advocate saying i love you like. a month into your relationship...but if you've been dating for two years and haven't established that you're in love yet...what exactly have you been doing this whole time?

Comments

Reyo 2

One of the few times I agree that this is an FYL, but next time...don't get your hopes up by "thinking he was gonna say "I love you"".

americayay 0

2 years and he hadn't said it already? Wow. No wonder he dumped you if he wasn't feeling it after 2 years.

what is it with women and their constant need to be loved?

whuh oh, that sucks... I have nothing else to say

OP is first. You should of dumped him before he could dump you. Just to feel better.

Of you ever dumped someone before? It's not easy. I'm ofing a problem figuring out how to break up with my girlfriend of 1 year without completely devastating her, myself. If you of a way to do it, let me know what it is. I don't of a clue. The word is "HAVE" Learn English.

MiddleChild08 0

Your boyfriend of two years had never said I love you before (which is what it seems from the way you said it)? I think you should have been expecting a break up...either he really doesn't want to be with you or he has commitment issues...

that's what I was thinking. If it takes the guy 2 years and he hasn't said it, how could she not expect him to break up. guess he just wasnt feeling it, pity he took so long to decide tho. sorry OP, that sucks.

Sun_Kissed18 25

Exactly, I'm all for taking your time but after two years, he obviously wasn't commited. I'm sorry :(

i don't advocate saying i love you like. a month into your relationship...but if you've been dating for two years and haven't established that you're in love yet...what exactly have you been doing this whole time?

perdix 29

I'm with you on this one. Two years and no "I love you?" Absurd. But more to the point: Who paid for breakfast?

Two years and he'd never told you he loved you? Sounds like you needed to go to Egypt and get him blown up by Megatron.

graciedacie 0

Baha! Nice piece-o-crap movie reference :)

why were you even together so long if he hadn't even told you he loved you yet? what a waste of time!

That sort of thing happens every day, you're not the only one who has ever gotten dumped. Two years is a long time you had it coming