By ShockBait - 22/08/2009 21:07 - United States

Today, it was my next-door neighbor's birthday. Over the past year, his pitbull has attacked my stepdad several times and put some stiches on me. Lucky for us, the dog was finally put down. For his birthday my neighbor got a new, bigger, pitbull. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 633
You deserved it 5 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kindofgocrazy 0

Not all pitbulls are mean, maybe you'll get lucky and this one won't be.

loveabull66 0

this is bullshit. pits are amazing dogs, maybe its the owner whos the dumbass and raising them to be aggressive. its basically like raising a kid, teach them to rape and murder and 9 times out of 10 they'll grow up with the mindset that its ok. its people who dont understand this that give pits a bad rep, and another reason that theyre nearly outlawed.

Comments

rockyhorrorshow 0

That's so deliciously evil, it's funny. Hehehe....

RJB 0

Is your stepdad Michael Vick? YES A DOG WAS KILLED~~

any dog can be vicious and mean. its all about the owner, not the dog. chihuahuas bite more people a year then pit bulls.

Chihuahuas suck, they're annoying yappy little things...

The little spawns of satan.... if chihuahua's had bigger teeth they would be truly horrifying

I think chihuahuas can be sweet as any other dog.

Labradors and Golden Retrievers on average bite and harm people more then Pit Bulls.

That's what she's saying. They put down the original pitbull. But now they got a new pitbull and since it's new, it has a clean slate.

FalconWhitaker 20

FYL indeed. If that guy brought up one aggressive pit bull, he's going to bring up another. May I suggest moving? Or perhaps a crossbow?

i find it annoying that it's "lucky for us, the pitbull was put down". like he bit you and everything, sure, but i don't find it "lucky" that a dog was killed.

aw hell, of course i forgot to put "that a dog was killed because of the owner's negligence."

You're an idiot, it's not the dogs fault, it's the owner. Make sure he gets this dog trained, but don't have this poor dog put to sleep too because both it's owner and neighbor are more stupid than he is.

It should be put down. If it's become a vicious dog, it's too late for it to have a normal and nice life. Better for it to rest in peace instead.

FMLshark 12

So what you're saying, 282, is that if your supposedly normally sweet pit bit someone once, you'd put it down? I agree that if the dog was trained HORRIBLY from the beginning and had no chance of ever being sweet or corrected behaviorally, it should be put down. Unfortunately, it's not the dog's fault, but it wouldn't be able to enjoy a life if it constantly attacked everything it saw. But you're a moron if you say that if a dog, being a normally sweet dog, bit someone ONCE, you'd put it down. People like you shouldn't own dogs.

Any animal can turn viscous at any givin time. Just like humans can too. If my pit was to ever bite someone I would have him out down. I put down my last dog cause neighbors ran through my yard and she never liked them. Bit the guy had to put her down. I've raised enough animals to know this. Cattle and hogs are the same once they harm someone they are put down.

randybryant799 20

good god. you should not have animals.

You killed your dog because your neighbors ran through your yard and it bit them? You are a horrible person and should not own a dog! What I think you have failed to realize is that it was your dog's yard as well. That is his/her home. While I disagree with the dog biting the neighbor a lot of things could have been done to prevent that from happening. For one, have a fence with a gate and a lock so your neighbors aren't coming in your yard. Secondly, for God sakes train your dog! Your dog must not have meant much to you if you failed to train it and failed to keep it alive. I feel really bad for your dog :-(

@ 109 they can be retrained and rehabilitated, I work with pit bulls who have been abused, and I have 98% success rate. Yes there are cases where it is impossible because they have lived with abuse for too long. No dog truly deserves to be put down.

@ 282 24 is not an idiot, it's all how you raise the dog. You have obviously raised yours to be kind, others don't. It's the owners, not e dog

You should lure it off a cliff and then feed the body to a chimpanzee so no one notices.

Here's some real, cold, scientific data. Its the owner, not the dog: http://nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/canines-issues/a-historical-view/

that doesn't mean that this pitbull is going to be like the old one. Make sure he trains it right, and it will be fine.