By ShockBait - 22/08/2009 21:07 - United States

Today, it was my next-door neighbor's birthday. Over the past year, his pitbull has attacked my stepdad several times and put some stiches on me. Lucky for us, the dog was finally put down. For his birthday my neighbor got a new, bigger, pitbull. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 635
You deserved it 5 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kindofgocrazy 0

Not all pitbulls are mean, maybe you'll get lucky and this one won't be.

loveabull66 0

this is bullshit. pits are amazing dogs, maybe its the owner whos the dumbass and raising them to be aggressive. its basically like raising a kid, teach them to rape and murder and 9 times out of 10 they'll grow up with the mindset that its ok. its people who dont understand this that give pits a bad rep, and another reason that theyre nearly outlawed.

Comments

The dog put stitches on you? Why would they get such a talented dog put down?

ChrisWasHere 0

Instead of doing nothing about it: call the ******* ASPCA (or whatever those animal service ***** are) and tell them there's a wild animal in your neighbordhood. And, keep doing it if your neighbor keeps buying attacking pitbulls. YDI, dumbass. Sometimes you gotta do something instead of being lazy.

Yes. They SHOULD call the ASPCA and have the dog removed, and have the owner banned from owning large and difficult to handle dogs like that so it doesn't happen again. It's strange how many people don't just ******* do this. They bitch and whine about the neighbours' pets (how vicious they are or how badly they treat them), but they never do anything about it....

loserboii 11

Beat me to the michael vick thing :( i say u get some brass knuckles and a whip :)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
LeCielNousAide 7

Cesar Milan from the show The Dog Whisperer has completely stable pitbulls. there is one named Daddy that he always brings to the households of unstable dogs, and this pitbull has never snapped or gotten aggressive. it's all about the owner being pack leader. unfortunately, most people don't know how to do that and their dogs run wild. in the case of pitbulls, they attack people. rottweilers are similar. i don't think pitbulls should be outlawed, i just think only people who know how to handle them should have them, as well as crossing them with other breeds to dilute the aggressive gene.

leciel, i was going to make that example. :D

pepper2394 0

My dog is part pit bull and she would never hurt shit unless it attacked her...she share her food with a mouse...... so why the hell outlaw them the are great. It is true the owner is the problem.

AvinG 0

Oh mah gawd!!! You're on FML and you know what the **** you're talking about!!!! Its a miracle!!!!!

Ive been around pits all my life and own one right now. They are some of the sweetest dogs ever. Im sorry youve had bad ecperiences with them but you have to undetstand that the only stories you hear about pitbulls are bad ones. Its because alot of people dont like them so they only tell the horrible stories. I know of a pitbull that when his owner had a heart attack, the pit ran and got a neighbor who then called 911. That dog never got on tv. Its because the media makes them out to look bad. And untill you own a pit dont judge them because you dont know how they really are.

You are pretty much the reason I don't interact with people anymore. Chihuahuas bite and do more damage to people on a yearly basis then pitts. My aunts chihuahua bit the back of my ankle and I have a hard time with standing for long periods of time. But oh Heavans no it would never hurt done one right? Guess what stop being prejudice against Pitts. My Pitt happens to be a rescue and won't let me walk alone outside. He also sleeps with me and wakes me up when I stop breathing. Yeah he is sooooo horrible I should go to jail right? He won't even take a treat out of my hand if he does he licks or gums for it.

You are one of the most ignorant people in the world. You think you know something so you sing it like the gospel truth. Well I'll do you a big favor and tell you yup are dead wrong! As for jailing the owners, I think the world would be better off it we jailed all the ignorant people like you. I love the part where you say "the fact is, its in their programming". You obviously don't know what the word "fact" means. Besides, dog's aren't robots, they don't have "programming".

@32 it's is all statistics, border collies FAILED the ******* temperament tests, and pit bulls PASSED. IT'S ALL THE ******* OWNER AND YOU SIR ARE ARROGANT AND IDIOTIC.

BikerMike 0

call the police and animal control and expain what happened in the past and maybe you can get the dog removed because of the owner. if that does not work, poison it

tboone 0

wtf is ur problem?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? dogs have feelings too!if it was a chiuhahua, would you say that? I didnt think so! pitbulls are awesome dogs!

The dog should have been put down the FIRST time it hurt you or your stepdad or anyone!

lol fyl maybe its just like #32 said, pit bulls are probably triggered by you so the new one could potentially attack you as well

x3arielle 0

i work at a humane society and pitbulls are actually one of the nicest breeds of dogs. they get a bad rep, but golden retrievers are more likely to bite than any other dog. pitbulls are only raised to be nasty, they're naturally born friendly.

@272 wow, nice rebuttal. But those are the facts. Pits are nicknamed the nanny dog for a reason

RNCftw 0

lol yes, one bad dog = all dogs of that same breed are bad. good one.

It's possible the OP meant to imply that the owner/neighbor trains these dogs to be vicious, thus making any dog he ever owns prone to being violent. That and the fact that pit bulls ARE bred to be exceptionally territorial and aggressive.