By ZAnon - 06/02/2015 07:06 - United States - Houston

Today, my 97-pound pitbull wagged and chased his tail while I was being mugged. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 701
You deserved it 3 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shows that not all pitbulls are vicious! But that definitely sucks for u :(

stuner56 22

Knowing the way people are, if your dog actually did something, your mugger would probably sue you

Comments

Shows that not all pitbulls are vicious! But that definitely sucks for u :(

drunkmunkey 24

he should be glad his pit didn't attack otherwise this fml would be about how they're putting his dog to sleep... it's a pet not a weapon, if he wants protection he should get a knife or a concealed carry permit, not a dog

#35 It doesn't matter if he trains his dog to be a weapon or not. I wouldn't assume the dog would be put down if it helped his owner. The owner could plead self defense.

Agree! Getting a dog that is not trained for that and hoping that it will protect you is just a false sense of security.

#1 Getting mugged sucks. But having a dog that is vicious sucks in more situations than this one where it might have been useful.

Pits are actually specifically very, very people-friendly unless you can find a way to condition them otherwise. Not a good guard dog choice.

And people say Pitbulls are mean dogs. FYL OP.

I'm so sorry this happened to you OP, but do you really expect your dog to do something?

jojimugo 20

What I was trying to say is that jus because it's a pitbull doesn't mean it's just born to be bad, and do bad things.

Every dog I've ever had would have done something. The Pomeranian probably would have just barked a lot, lol, but she still would have tried to protect me. That's what loyal dogs do.

I think it's pretty normal for dogs to be suspicious of strangers. So yes I'm sure OP AT LEAST expected the dog to bark or growl.

If it looks like anyone is attacking me, even if I'm just wrestling with my friends, my dog will bark and will attack on my command. A lot of dogs are usually protective of their owners, even if they haven't been adopted for very long. OP wasn't so lucky here however, so FYL OP.

Dogs can be very protective over their owners. My old pug would bark and growl at anyone she didn't know, unless if I told her off. Dogs aren't meant to be used as a weapon, but sometimes, when you really need them (like OP here), a body guard can come in handy.

All dogs are a reflection of their owners. It doesn't matter if it was a pit bull or not. That's my two cents.

countryb_cth 38

My mutt will bark and lunge at anyone who hits me if I say ow. In OP's situation she would sense my fear and probably attack or at the very least bark and growl.

Yeah, I realized that right after I posted it. But someone had to make the pun.

Nobody has to make a pun, and your pun wasn't funny.

I thought it was a good attempt and I chuckled a bit. :)

God damn it why do people keep making shitty puns on here?

Look at the bright side, you don't have a viscous dog. But on the other hand...

stuner56 22

Knowing the way people are, if your dog actually did something, your mugger would probably sue you

There was a home invasion somewhere in Florida where the burglar ended up breaking into the guys panther cage (it was some type of large cat). The cat ended up injuring the burglar, so he sued the owner of the house for his injuries.

liquifiednate 21

Also in California, a while back, a burglar robbed some dudes house. While he was in the process of breaking in through the window, he ended up falling through it and got stuck in the dudes laundry hamper. The robber ended up getting slightly hurt and sued the owner of the house for that. -_-

pharm121 21

Why would you own a Panther?!

How do they even expect to win the case??

stuner56 22

Our ****** up judicial system...

#8 Sadly, I can definitely see this happening

It's so ****** up but so true, and he'd probably win

why would you not own one? well, if you legally could?

Today, my dog failed to live up to its breed's falsely bad reputation, which is so bad they get put down for no reason and banned from some states. Fml?

I'm pretty sure it'd be fml for any dog breed...

Apparently OP is one of those people who doesn't realise that if you want a dog to defend you, you'll have to train it to do so

That's not necessarily true. Every dog I've ever had has been protective, and I've never done anything to encourage that. It's just natural.

Razi_tail 25

Very true 10. Even if most dogs seem protective, you can't expect an untrained animal to do something. The dogs rely on the owner for their safety and piece of mind. Getting robbed would send out all kinds of fear scents that would send dogs into fear mode quicker than attack mode.

#51 There will always be exceptions. But in general, a dog wont defend you without training

That's ruff. But seriously, for what it's worth, criminals eventually get what's coming to them.

BamBAmGG 14

You honestly can't blame your dog for not protecting you, especially if it wasn't trained to. Be happy you have such a friendly boy!(: &You should learn how to defend yourself .