By anonymous - 25/07/2013 05:47 - United States - Gerald

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me, saying, "I'm not ready for a serious relationship." We're supposed to get married in a month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 573
You deserved it 3 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PimpdaddyCJT 13

She has commitment issues ever since Lost left so many question unanswered

Barriaultcory 16

Comments

Barriaultcory 16

Make sure she pays for at least half of every non-refundable down payment!!! I don't understand why people can't seem to figure these things out before they even say yes to an engagement!

some people arent ready for a serious relationship even after they do get married. everyone here is quick to blame her for commitment issues but it might in fact be op whos not ready and she just came to her senses. not enough info in this fml

No. Get serious. This isn't messed up. It's a serious issue. One month to go, all that money invested, I mean are you serious? Couldn't you figure out you weren't ready earlier? Seriously

What a bitch! Op deserves better than that

Could she earlier? Who knows, but it's kind of irrelevant - she didn't. The real question is, a month before the wedding, do you go through with a marriage you are pretty sure isn't going to work out, just because you only worked that out a month beforehand? The answer is "of course not". Sure, this isn't great - but it's better than her having married him because it was too awkward to face the truth in a timely way.

#29. It's called cold feet. Things can get carried away in the moment. It's not excusable in any way shape or form, but she did him a favor.

PimpdaddyCJT 13

She has commitment issues ever since Lost left so many question unanswered

What if OP is the one with the issues. The post isn't detailed enough to tell us what exactly happened.

Damned_Architect 25

It's possible, but the OP typically get the benefit of the doubt.

Trickiest_K 9

Sounds like an excuse to me...

If you two were getting married in a month, wouldn't that make her your fiancée?

fairlight_deck 6

You don't want to marry someone like that anyway.

MikeonFML 17

Yeah better now than after the marriage

Why so serious...? Hope the best for you OP

You *were* supposed to get married. Not anymore. Sorry op.

we're can be used as we are, or we were.

graceinsheepwear 33

42, before you correct people, you should get your facts straight. The comment was "were" supposed to get married as opposed to "are" supposed to get married, which is how OP worded it. And I have been an editor for 35 years and "we're" does NOT mean "we were." Ever. The only thing worse than a grammar nazi is a grammar nazi who doesn't know grammar. I don't know why this site seems to draw so many people who flip over a misspelling or punctuation error. It's anal and it detracts from the theme and the fun. Give it a rest.

graceinsheepwear 33

Well said, 57. I have complained about the grammar nazis once or twice before and been heavily downvoted. Glad to hear I am not the only frustrated one. Thanks.

I mean, unless the mistake is really bad and it shows lack of brain capacity, grammar Nazis are a pain. "We're can be used as we were"? When in English can that happen?

I'm not a true grammar nazi, but when I see "your" instead of "you're," it really bugs me. People are so stupid that they're mixing the two more and more, and correcting it will hopefully remind people of the difference instead of watering down the already muddy brains of our generation.

For your information, I am not a grammar Nazi. I know that we're cannot be used as we were. I meant to put jk after my comment but I accidentally hit send instead. Chill out, it's not that serious.t

100 - That is one of the least believable cover ups I have ever heard. Just admit it. You dun ****** up!

Yup, now ya done it! (That almost hurts to even type it!)

I hope you can get all your money back, I know weddings are expensive. that was very insensitive & irresponsible of her.

Damian95 16

Maybe thats her way of saying she's not ready for your relationship.

alshygirl 14

Maybe she should have figured that out before she even said yes to an engagement!

Metal_Chick 15

31-I agree, she pulled a bitch move. But personally, I would rather get dumped a month prior to my wedding then suffer a future of uncertainties and unhappiness. Because I doubt that a person who isn't ready to commit can be a good partner. Just saying.