By oops - 30/07/2012 00:25 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to dinner with an amazing guy. At the end he said he had to go to the washroom. 15 min later he was still MIA, so I figured he'd ditched me with the bill. I paid and left. 10 min later he texted me, asking where I was. Turns out he hadn't ditched me. He was having "stomach issues." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 201
You deserved it 7 113

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Big_lama6 7

Perhaps you should have atleast tried calling or texting him before you left?

Aww poor guy! That's so embarassing :(

Comments

15 minutes gezz give the guy some time.

Well that's what you get for assuming the worst! Not all guys are jerks sweetie.

il admit i would probably have thought the same, but a simple 'where are you' text would have cleared everything up. fingers crossed it all worked out ok :)

I'm guessing the OP went through something like this. before and assumed the worst good luck next time

That happened to me once..... Awkward....

Theblackrose8 5

Ok, so go back and laugh it off! Not really a fail..

Well seeing as you both had cell phones, perhaps you should've texted him idiot.

I have to say I can identify with OP! My first dinner date with my now hubby of over 23 yrs. he went to the bathroom & was gone forever! Well, it seemed like forever! Things haven't changed much in all these years! If he's got stomach issues now, they're going to get worse with age! Next time, try a little more patience!

honestly, I pity the OP more than the guy. To have enough bad experiences to make you cynical enough to automatically assume you've been ditched sucks. I've been there myself - I struggle with rock bottom self esteem every day because of all the shallow guys I have encountered. Here's hoping that your amazing guy is as understanding and supportive as my amazing guy ^_^ all you need is a wonderful boyfriend to make you forget all the bad.

patience , young grasshopper. patience.