By sy123 - 29/07/2012 23:34 - United States - Frankfort

Today, I had an ovarian cyst rupture at work, causing sudden severe stomach cramps; this caused my bowels to release everything right then and there, while on the phone with a customer, in the middle of the call center surrounded by 200 other sales reps. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 462
You deserved it 1 865

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that's really awful. Hope you're ok.

Why are you guys hitting the you deserve it button? She doesn't deserve that at all! No one does!

Comments

Wow, that's really awful. Hope you're ok.

A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do right? Since it was involuntary, I'm sure people will understand OP! I also pray for your well being too!

A women's gotta do what a women's gotta do right? Don't worry OP involuntary body actions often lead to pretty nasty things but hopefully you'll be fine :)

On top of ******** herself, ruptured cysts hurt like HELL. Hope you feel better soon, OP!

HowAreYouToday 34

It'll be an interesting thing to explain to people...

what I'm wondering is how OP deserves it. there's over 100 assholes who say she deserves it. YOU CAN'T CONTROL WHEN A CYST EXPLODES!

bfsd42 20

Did those "assholes" hit a nerve? Get over it.

um, obviously yes. they did hit a nerve. many actually. it's not OP's fault, what did she ever do to deserve that?

that definitely would of been awkard! Hope your okay now OP. Hopefully it wasn't too... Err.. noticeable?

More than awkward... mortifying maybe. ]:

MyaaBayyBee 6

Of course it's noticeable ...

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

That would be so mortifying... I can't even imagine being OP and having to show up to work again after this. I would seriously consider finding a new job if possible because I'd feel so awkward

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#2 Her cyst RUPTURED causing severe stomach cramps and her bowels to release at work. While she was on the phone with a customer. With coworkers all around. I think it was pretty noticeable!

Well that's a pretty good excuse I would think...

My question is, a call centre not in a foreign country where you can barely understand their English??? (I know a stereotype but it's pretty damn true, most of the time)

63 - 1) Just because you throw a question mark at the end does not make it a question. 2) What the hell does your comment have to do with the person's to which you replied?

That's awful! I hope you went to the hospital! Also if you go on the pill called Dianne, it should stop your body from having/creating cysts. Good luck darl!

xXxIracebethxXx 14

#77 - That's why zandalee said "it should stop..." not "it will stop..." Of course it won't work for everyone.

mzrobinson 13

Poor OP! Get better. I hope people at your work are understanding :/

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That would be impossible, considering the fact that I got them removed, years ago. But nice try though.(:

I am well aware, but since mine haven't grown back, yes it is IMPOSSIBLE for ME to rupture a tonsil. Again, nice try though, very commendable effort.(:

Well obviously I knew that, "since I know everything" apparently.

JocelynKaulitz 28

Walk away. Just don't say anything, and walk away…

cherry72 13

Being a woman is no fun a lot of times! Sorry, but men have no idea.

AND they burn 25% more calories than us. What's up with that?

...This is not a common female issue...

Ruptured cysts are very common actually

About 18% of women are found to have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome using the Rotterdam criteria.

MerrikBarbarian 9

86- pcos is a set of symptoms, triggered by hormonal changes. Not everyone who has pcos has a lot of ovarian cysts... And not everyone with multiple ovarian cysts has pcos. That said most women will have cysts at some point. Cysts that become large enough to rupture painfully (ie over 4cm) are less common, but virtually every woman gets cysts sooner or later

Blooblibloo 4

I am happy with being a woman, but sometimes it feels like our bodies turn against ourself... Is that weird what I wrote? Anyway, I think that might be a very little part of why we have sometimes that love/hate relationship with it...

83, As far as I'm aware they aren't that common, but I'll have to concede the point because womens health is not my forte :)

Words cannot accurately describe how horrible that must've been.