By social anxiety my a** - 18/03/2013 14:17 - Switzerland - Zurich

Today, after three years with my boyfriend hardly ever going to any social or public event with me due to his social anxiety, I got to witness him improve his flirting skills on every girl available at his house party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 685
You deserved it 4 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Looks like a disease that you shouldn't have cured.

He probably uses that as a way in with the ladies: "I have terrible social anxiety.. I-I wish I could stay, you're so charming but-but...it's really horrible, I just can't." "How can I help you with that then? I am enjoying being with you!" "Oh, well, there is one thing..." 3:D

Comments

Well hes making improvements you should be proud of him

No. She shouldn't be proud of him for being an asshole.

"Sometimes people say things but don't realize it, but everyone makes mistakes."

perdix 29

Looks like a disease that you shouldn't have cured.

OP- It's a miracle! He's recovered from social anxiety just in time for his house party!

He probably uses that as a way in with the ladies: "I have terrible social anxiety.. I-I wish I could stay, you're so charming but-but...it's really horrible, I just can't." "How can I help you with that then? I am enjoying being with you!" "Oh, well, there is one thing..." 3:D

Originally horny face, but what you've proposed is a lot more fun!

peachesncreem 21

Personally, I like penises to be a little longer than 8=D.. But if that's all you're packin', then that's cool. As long as you know how to use it :D

I may be short but it's not the size of the boat it's the motion of the Ocean and a vibrator for her once I'm done

Looks like a needle, moves like a sewing machine....

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it. ESPECIALLY don't wish to hear "Harlem Shake". Seriously, don't do it.

Doc, I never knew you were into the Pussycat Dolls!

Apparently nobody remembers that song..

fylx100 19

I remember an Eminem song that said that. "be careful what you wish for cause you just might get and if you get it then you just might not know what to do with it.." ..no? Never mind then. . . But I was at least smart enough to assume the pussycat dolls had a song with those lyrics.

Well I remember a movie with a little song that went "be careful what you wiiiiish for." The movie was about a guy who wished he was a fish. And then he turned into a fish. I can't remember the name of the movie...

I feel like a proud parent every time a FML I moderate make it to recent.

Have to start somewhere I guess. Though maybe in the wrong way.

What's with all the bad boyfriend FML's lately? o.o You'll be alright OP.... Even if you have to reintroduce his social anxiety by embarrassing him with a slap in the face.

Doesn't sound like he has social anxiety to me! Time to ditch that boyfriend, I think.

I've dealt with social anxiety and have been accused of flirting when I was simply being nice. Op was also in their home which can ease the anxiety. I'm also more comfortable around the opposite gender than my own.

It might still be a form of social anxiety. Sometimes when people with social anxiety are forced into public situations, they tend to overcompensate by being over-friendly to every single person in the room. The fact that the OP's boyfriend flirted with EVERY girl at the party might mean he was just trying to be nice to EVERYONE, without realizing it might come across as weird or flirty. Then again, he might just be a lying asshole.

He could be Aspie and think he's being nice and friendly while others see it as flirting. I think OP needs to have a talk with her boyfriend about his behavior. It could be that he's more secure at home and will be friendlier than if he's in an unfamiliar setting. And maybe he should make an effort to go out to events with OP to assuage her concerns about him.

@47 An Aspie with Social Anxiety, that could be frustrating. I probably have Aspergers/high-functioning autism (yes, I'm a girl, shocking isn't it?) and really shy so I have trouble communicating and meeting other people. I often get yelled at without understanding why or uncomfortable talking to other people. I can imagine OPs boyfriend being clueless of why his girlfriend's mad at him.