By oops - 30/07/2012 00:25 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to dinner with an amazing guy. At the end he said he had to go to the washroom. 15 min later he was still MIA, so I figured he'd ditched me with the bill. I paid and left. 10 min later he texted me, asking where I was. Turns out he hadn't ditched me. He was having "stomach issues." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 201
You deserved it 7 113

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Big_lama6 7

Perhaps you should have atleast tried calling or texting him before you left?

Aww poor guy! That's so embarassing :(

Comments

YDI for automatically assuming the first about guys

You're an idiot. After 15 minutes of them not being back from the bathroom, you wouldn't think your date ditched you? And don't try to bullshit me with a " No I wouldn't because I'm very patient."

I would assume he left... Most of the time bathroom trips take only a couple minutes... 15 is a long time and when you get pity looks from the staff cause they think he left you with the bill would not help.

I'd text, then ask the staff to check if no reply. Better to be embarassed about being dumped than about being insensitive.

My best friends are all guys. They are CONTINUALLY in the bathroom for long periods of times. If the guy was so amazing, I would have given him the benefit of the doubt

My best friends are all 19/20 year old males and they only take like 5 minutes to shit (except one who takes ten). All men are different. She may not have a lot of guy friends and not known they take a little longer to go.

I dont think he's too mad since he got a free meal ;)

perdix 29

He is amazing! He got a chick to pay for dinner on a date! David Blaine can't even pull off that trick. So, what was this "stomach issue?" Did his ovarian cyst rupture?

perdix 29

IBS is a bowel condition which is past the stomach. That's like having hemorrhoids and calling it a "dental issue."

If he had IBS do you think he'd text a girl he probably likes saying oh my god I've got the worst case of the *****! Tummy troubles sounds less gross and implies he might be in there for a while.

Ashley0911 8

Offer to take him out again and hope for the best next time!

And let hem pay the bill and the next time after that split the bill.. Just to be even.. But before going out, OP can ask "How's your stomach?" :D

laurbear12 3

And the bill just magically paid itself?

laurbear12 3

Darn I meant to reply to #11...ignore!

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

That comment doesn't really make sense in reply to 11 either...

ryukk_fml 3

maybe they meant 12. it makes sense with that one.

Not really. I'm pretty sure her date would've replied that he was still in the bathroom.

Wooow, I love how 34 was trying to reply to 11 and I was trying to reply to her...my bad.

luckyd880 12

Aw. Give him another shot op! Not his fault. His body failed him. Haha.

If you have "stomach issues" from something you ate, that's the opposite of your body failing you.

Who said the issues were caused by something he ate? It could be that he has a nervous stomach and was really worried about trying to impress the OP, which resulted him him have stomach issues. It's always possible.

98, I came to this conclusion because it was after the meal. Most people will have moved past that by this point, though I suppose there may exist some weird people whose nerves get worse as the night progresses.

What did he expect you to think/do if he was gone for 25 plus minutes? That's a long time to not find a way to give you a heads up that he's not feeling well.

perdix 29

You mean something like, "Hello, date. Sorry I've taken so long, but I've taken a massive dump and clogged the toilet here. The plunger's not working and we're waiting for the Jaws of Life. Soooooo, wanna see a movie or head back to your place for sexy time?" That would have be the polite thing to do.

49- there are other ways to explain, like simply saying "Hello, sorry I'm taking so long I'm not feeling well." It will be awkward either way, but you can make it less awkward...

You paint such a colorful picture :P butt yes! And a good ass washing before the "sexy time" will be in order! (:

perdix 29

#50, sure, it could be worded a little differently, just as long as it conveyed his inquiry about sex later in the evening. The worst thing you can do is to make your date feel unattractive.

cantthinkofshit 5

I call it sexy time too... Are you me.. In the future..?