By mandy - 05/09/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I went out with my family and boyfriend for dinner. We were all having a good time, and suddenly at the end of dinner he decides to kneel down on one knee, take out an engagement ring, and say "I choose you, Pikachu," with a straight face. He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 585
You deserved it 87

Top comments

ciaobella_fml 0

Aw thats so cute, did you say yes?

Comments

aho_matsuri 0

Better be hoping he's not a polygamous! After all, those pokemon trainers "Gotta catch 'em all."

There've been enough of these "my boyfriend said something extremely childish and ridiculous at an inappropriate time" to make me call fake.

heyyycathy 0

i seriously just posted an MLIA on this saying i wished my boyfriend were that cool. you should definitely say, "Hell to the Effing Yes, I will Marry You."

Sugar_lipsXo 0

wow i understand why you're not happy about this, but i dont think you shouldve posted it online. you'll hurt his feelings. :(

If he just reads the comments, I doubt he'll be hurt for long.

gettin pretty sick of women posting FML's about stupid/goofy shit that their loser boyfriend said. YDI for being with the dick in the first place.

You're annoying. Please stfu and then hopefully your post will get voted down too.

Nononono, we are not just hoping. we are doing something about it. My Charizard is hunting him down right now

Yay! We can have ka-bobs! Extra crispy, please.

if you're so sick of it then why are you on this site?

To be fair, I agree, though with different words. If he's your boyfriend - and has been long enough to be proposing - aren't you supposed to find this kind of thing endearing? Even if I weren't a Pokemon fan I'd think it was adorable if my boyfriend did something like that. In other, kinder words than the first post - shouldn't you be dating someone you like? Even if it pisses you off a bit, it should be funny at the same time. Otherwise you are too close to not liking your boyfriend.

Maybe not the most romantic thing to say when proposing but congrats on your engagement. (you did say yes didnt you?)

I don't know if that's really a fail on your part. There are a lot of women out there that are dying for their boyfriend to propose. This one seems pretty sweet AND he's committing.

Very true. And for some reason she's complaining about it, which confuses me :o

Let's be friends gummibehrs. We seem to have similar thought processes.

Yes, definitely. I'm glad we can bond over nintendo and engagements hahaha

Yes, definitely. I'm glad we can bond over nintendo and engagements hahaha

Well, I can totally see why she's complaining about it. A proposal doesn't have to be extravagant, huge, expensive, outrageously romantic or anything like that. But to me one thing is a must: It should match the personality of the person that is being proposed to. The OP is obviously not into Pokémon at all or she wouldn't consider it an FML. My husband didn't even have a ring when he proposed and I never complained because the proposal matched my personality and the kind of things I like. And if he wants to marry her, he should know her well enough. Plus, my parents love my husband to death and they have ever since I started dating him...but if he had kneeled down in front of them and said "I choose you Pikachu" to me, they would have thought he was so stupid for doing something so idiotic especially in a public place.

Oh yeah, because the ultimate goal behind a proposal is to impress the girl's parents with class and sophistication /sarcasm

No but it should definitely be meaningful to BOTH people in the relationship.

How do you know that she's not into Pokemon? Maybe she was just embarrassed because it was brought up in front of her family and she's supposed to be a full-grown woman?