By mandy - 05/09/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I went out with my family and boyfriend for dinner. We were all having a good time, and suddenly at the end of dinner he decides to kneel down on one knee, take out an engagement ring, and say "I choose you, Pikachu," with a straight face. He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 585
You deserved it 87

Top comments

ciaobella_fml 0

Aw thats so cute, did you say yes?

Comments

babyjay424 0

lmao oh em gee that is AWESOME! i would rather be asked like he did than an original "put the ring in the champagne" type of crap

Lovebug27 0

this made me laugh so hard!!!!!

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Other things were cute, like the koala bear and eucalyptus tree, but this was taking it too far. Only people who love pokemon would enjoy being proposed to like this, for someone else it'd be a pretty pathetic way to be proposed to. Using a metaphor from a kids' programme might not be the most romantic thing to everyone. So stop being narrow-minded and try to see it from the OP's point of view instead of telling her to stop bitching just because all of you love pokemon.

I don't like Pokemon. I like this because it's original. Relationships are not all romance.

Well done, you've managed to be an exception. Yes, relationships are not all romance, but proposals are.

Then again, it all depends on what you think is romantic. I think that going out for sushi, seeing a movie at the local independent theatre and then coming home and relaxing together is romantic. Candles, roses, and all that are borrriiinngg to me.

Exactly! Proposing this way to someone is only cute if she shares his love for Pokemon too. Creativity is fun...but you should make sure it represents both of your interests in the relationship rather than just one persons.

Just something to add on here about everyone saying it being a kid's show, America yes kid show, Japan both kid n older if i recall, i could be wrong idk but i recll hearing a long time ago (well not really) that it wasn't just a kid audience for pokemon, anyhow it's creative, it's kinda like wow he did that but it's funny

Pikachu doesn't get in pokeballs so his logic is a little flawed. Overall a nice gesture, and in no way a FML. However it could be for him depending on your answer.

But Ash still says it whenever he wants Pikachu to battle.

Is your boyfriend (or fiancé) 12 years old?

Excuse me, you're never too old for Pokémon!

Pokemon shouldn't even be a children's game. Oh and are you just a jealous dickface?

Tiro1000 1

I don't see what the issue is. Post this story on MLIA, and I guarantee everyone will say your boyfriend is awesome!

I doubt she cares whether people on the internet think it's awesome.

quietgirl 0

OP: QUIT BITCHING AND POST THIS ON MLIA RIGHT NOW!!

damn right, exactly what i was thinking!!

crazyy51 0

Don't be rude, come on! It's a nice, cute way to ask.. And it's a good thing I be different

Hey, could be worse, you could be the poor soul who threw her engagment ring out when she was running. Atleast he did the whole, one knee with a ring thing.

Awful lot of pikachu FMLs lately. There is always some kind of trend going on here.

Awful lot of bad proposal stories on here lately too.