By mandy - 05/09/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I went out with my family and boyfriend for dinner. We were all having a good time, and suddenly at the end of dinner he decides to kneel down on one knee, take out an engagement ring, and say "I choose you, Pikachu," with a straight face. He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 585
You deserved it 87

Top comments

ciaobella_fml 0

Aw thats so cute, did you say yes?

Comments

Actually, that's ******* hilarious. Not an FML at all! I must agree though... I kind of don't like this trend of "boyfriend said something funny, FML" because... it's just not FML material! Here, let me redo this FML so that it IS one: "Today, I went out with my family and boyfriend for dinner. We were all having a good time, and suddenly at the end of dinner he decides to kneel down on one knee, take out an engagement ring, and say "I choose you, Pikachu," with a straight face. I said yes. He wasn't serious. FML" Not a lot of "editing," but now it's actually an FML (while still maintaining the funny). I understand something bad or horrible doesn't have to happen for it to be an FML... but jee, there has to be SOMETHING... because really, these aren't FMLs... They actually sound more like they should be on MyLifeIsGreat.

How is this an FML??? Someone needs to loosen up a little.

666HailSatan666 0

Who the hell is voting "I agree, your life sucks" button! This, in no way is anything near a FML. This is in fact closer to a YDI.

k0mat0se 0

You're lucky he even made an effort, you worthless ****.

I disagree with most of the people saying, "I hope you said yes." Mainly because, her boyfriend sounds adorable and thoughtful, and if she thinks so lowly of his proposal, then she doesn't deserve him. Where can I find a guy like this?

its a fml because he embarrased her with his geekiness infront of her family, which now think he is a loser. pokemon is gay, and the only reason you guys are not seeing its a fml because your geeks who love that stupid shit. i laugh at anyone who pays more than .50 cents for a piece of cardboard that has fictional characters.

Just because we think this is cute doesn't mean we like pokemon. We like this because it's original, which is probably what he was aiming for - I doubt he seriously likes pokemon. And the OP gets engaged, and claims her life is ******? Wtf?

Oh hey everyone, take a look at "sevenalive" here with his xTUFFxBROx condescending attitude and use of sexual preferences as derogatory statements! He's a real awesome person, fo sho! :D

FML for being subjected to #111's stupid comment.