By NotABeatenWoman - 09/11/2015 00:36 - United States - Charleston

Today, I found out everyone in my neighborhood thinks that I'm a beaten woman due to the reoccurring ambulances in front of my house at night. My kid just chokes on everything, and they don't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 196
You deserved it 2 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Xobubblyxo 23

It sucks that your neighbors are so quick to judge, but maybe if you explain the situation to them and take more care in putting harmful objects out of your child's reach, things will be better.

Comments

SDamn 13

It sucks that they don't know what's happening and that they're judging based on what they saw, OP don't pay attention to your neighbor, some people just don't use communication between your neighbor and you.

Op, if your kid has choked so bad that he's needed an ambulance to come to the house more than twice (and to the point where your neighbours think you're being beaten all the time), than I think there's probably something wrong with his esophagus and you probably need to get him looked at (if you haven't already). People with normal functioning esophaguses don't choke all the time and haven't had the ambulance come several times. I'd be seriously concerned about this.

I would seriously be more worried about my child than what the neighbors think. Either OP needs to do a better job watching her kid and child-proofing the house, or her child has special needs or some kind of disorder—in which case OP needs to get some help managing things and taking care of her kid. That's definitely not normal. It's hard to say without all the information, but I think OP has her priorities and concerns in the wrong place.

Ya, "my child just chokes on things," isn't normal.

Xobubblyxo 23

It sucks that your neighbors are so quick to judge, but maybe if you explain the situation to them and take more care in putting harmful objects out of your child's reach, things will be better.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

This is FML, we do NOT use hashtags here

Oh, yeah, I used to choke on everything as a kid. I wish I could say they'll grow out of it, but the truth is I've had to install handy retrieval strings on all the food that I eat.

handy retrieval strings? WTF - why are people giving this a thumbs up??!

#34, I'm pretty sure he's making one of those things called 'a joke'.

I'd need to check the spelling, #37, but I /think/ that's what I was going for.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Why would the OP deserve being thought of as beaten if her older child choked a lot?

I think they mean if their child is a younger child - meaning they shouldn't be given access to things like whole hotdog slices or small legos which can be lodged in their throat easily. Op doesn't deserve it, but they should keep their child's age in mind when feeding them or giving them toys. If its an older child, the kid should know better by now but they still don't deserve it, accidents happen.

The next time an ambulance arrives tell them to see who is actually needing medical attention. Also how beaten would you have to be in order to need an ambulance yet not show any signs of major damage? Plus wouldn't the police be there constantly? People are so stupid to judge something then stick by their judgement without looking at the facts.

Then they would probably concoct some wild rumors that op is a child abuser.

If you don't come up with bruises wouldn't that be proof enough?

Many abusers intentionally do damage to areas that will be hidden - back of the head, areas always covered by clothing - so as to avoid others reporting.

I guess if whoever wanted to they'd have a good excuse