By Anonymous - 21/06/2017 21:00 - Italy

Today, I wanted to cancel my internet contract. At the store, they told me I have to cancel by phone. On the phone, they tell me I have to do it via the internet. On the internet, it says they will have a customer support agent call me. Finally, he called me to tell me that the only way to cancel is to send a letter by post. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 722
You deserved it 337

Top comments

ThatIsSoFetch 7

You'll get a letter back saying the only way to cancel is to send smoke signals.

Whispra 5

I hate to be one of "those people", but if you threaten legal action then they'll likely cancel it for you right there on the phone. The only reason they're sending you all over the place is in hopes that you'll eventually give up and just keep the service.

Comments

thunderniron 22

There's another way to cancel it. Stop paying for it

Where I live, it affects the credit score so much you won't be able to get any loans and credits.

ThatIsSoFetch 7

You'll get a letter back saying the only way to cancel is to send smoke signals.

afallingstar 22
kelardy 11
CupidStunts 12

things have been going downhill since they abolished faxes

Whispra 5

I hate to be one of "those people", but if you threaten legal action then they'll likely cancel it for you right there on the phone. The only reason they're sending you all over the place is in hopes that you'll eventually give up and just keep the service.

And in the meantime, you continue to pay for the service you don't want. They are diabolically clever!

Just do it at the store. If they don't want to, tell them that just maybe the interested in the store wants to know how awfull you've been treated and don't want to throw a fuss about it since you've been through all of it.

cjk04 12
Paula844 7

Sorry, OP. I think this might require a Battle of the Bastards type resolution.

galacticstorm 6
ViviMage 38

Why would he have America Online in Italy??