By mandy - 05/09/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I went out with my family and boyfriend for dinner. We were all having a good time, and suddenly at the end of dinner he decides to kneel down on one knee, take out an engagement ring, and say "I choose you, Pikachu," with a straight face. He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 585
You deserved it 87

Top comments

ciaobella_fml 0

Aw thats so cute, did you say yes?

Comments

"...Pokemon! It's you and me I know it's my destiny Pokemon! Ooh, you're my best friend In a world we must defend Pokemon! Our hearts so true Our courage will pull us through You teach me and I'll teach you Pokemon Gotta catch 'em all!..." Sorry, i would have had to kill myself if i didnt put these up :P

I was wondering when you were gonna show up with these lyrics :D

@38: http://i25.tinypic.com/do19gi.gif NO U

@45 "...It's the girls in the front row singing It's the boys with the wheels that bring them It's the lighters in the air and you guys up there You're the heart and the soul and the reason we do what we do Here's to you, yeah..." That is a congrats on the niftylicious pic/movie/ish thing, and a thanks :)

Unregistered 0

sigh your such a ******* tool get a life instead of posting lyrics on this ******* site your a prep arent you supposed to be gelling your fohawk or something?

@171 Why does it matter to you if he posts lyrics or not? It's not harming anyone, and quite a few people actually enjoy it. You're such an idiot, stereotyping everyone.

#171 is right! stop posting lyrics its pretty dumb!

Yes, yes, 22jrdn55. We get it. You've already stated your opinion that the lyrics are dumb, and you got buried. Unregistered - See those marks diagonally above the space bar to the right? That's what you push when you want to put punctuation in your sentence. Try it, and maybe people will understand what you're saying. His posting lyrics has nothing to do with you, and if you don't like it than don't read it. It's a clever way to reply, and he has every right to do it. Way to make yourselves look like a complete dumbasses.

CL41RE 0

171, stop being so uptight. I'm sick of people bitching at every comment on here. I can't even post a comment about how I feel without being yelled at by 10 people. And who cares if he posts with lyrics. It's not gonna kill you.

I'm sorry, Unregistered, but even though you may have a fetish to see me in a fohawk, most of the rest of the world would agree that im better off wit my hair the way it is.

Sorry, but that's just an awesome proposal. You suck for thinking otherwise.

That's so cute!!! This is not an FML. He was trying to be unique :) don't be a douche :( at least he proposed

i think it's unanimous: stop bitching and get married, fool.

This post makes me miss playing that Pokemon photo-taking game for N64.

Pokemon Snap? Hahaha, yeah. But I miss the old gameboy games.

Yea, that one! I grew up on N64, so it is my console of choice.

I agree! I miss Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie. My all-time favorite games ever.

Conker's Bad Fur Day and Ocarina of Time were two of my favorites. Oh and Diddy Kong Racing.

Yes, Diddy kong racing! I used to pretend I lived in one of the houses in that snowy village area. Lol

It's good to hear that my siblings and I aren't the only ones that did that hahaha.

I used to play Pokemon stadium on N64 at buddies houses! then i got a ps2 first year they came out and started off with kingdom hearts, and, devil may cry. i was 10-12 ish and playing rated m games. i still have and play the ps2 to the day :)

If I might interject... I have Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Ocarina of Time AND Pokemon Snap. And I play the first three all the time. While I believe OOT is the best game ever, I tend to play Banjo-Kazooie the most - less serious, you see. N64 = Love. My best friend and I spend many hours playing Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros old school style. In fact, I believe that's what we're meant to be doing tonight. Wow, I cannot believe I just jabbered on about my N64 gaming habits. You people just became my favourite FML posters ever XD

Amazing, Gonzolove. You're my new favorite person. And Judgeymcjudge, I completely forgot about old-school Smash Bros. Another old favorite!

Yay, N64 lovers, unite! As for Ocarina of Time, I would spend hours upon hours playing that game. I have the game still, just not a working N64. =[ Otherwise, I would probably play it compulsively. Also, Super Smash Bros is also an all-time favorite of mine.

But no love for Conker's Bad Fur Day? You get to kill teddy bears and drive around in tanks!

I played it once or twice, but I never owned it. Though it was fun =)

I still play old skool SSB Daily with my friends, trying to become better then the pro's. Im actually the next best i norway ^^

Wow this discussion brings back memories. I was beast at the old SSB=) But OOT was the best...after my N64 broke I was lost...but then WindWaker came out with a rerelease of it:) Goldeneye, though...defines every shooter that came after it.

ocarina of time was the best game ever. i still play it. majoras mask was awesome too. just not quite as good. and pokemon snap and the 2 pokemon stadiums were wicked. goldeneye was a good one too. ohh and ofcourse all the mario games. they were super.

I had Goldeneye! That was incredibly fun too. The one level I hated the most was when you are in the cradle thing chasing after that dude and the automatic machine guns keep killing you.

Oh yes, I definitely forgot Pokemon stadium! I never owned it but my cousin had it, and every time I went over there I'd play. And yeah, Mario 64 had to be one of the best games ever made.

i still play that i got it on the wii shop, 10 bucks

aoi_azarashi 0

omg I would love a proposal like that haha, that is just too cute and clever but w/e, that's just my opinion

I think it is absolutely amazing and would have been an instant yes.

CallTheAngels 0

Your boyfriend (and hopefully fiance now) is cute and creative! Its something you both can look back at with smiles

girlsnotgrey_7 0

I really think that this was a great proposal, i would be falling over myself to be proposed to exactly like this, its a little nerdy, but at least hes affectionate, and on the upside he did it in front of your family so obviously he loves you enough to be himself... I HOPE YOU SAID YES :)

VolleyballSMASH 1

You bring up a good point, he thought he knew you well enough to be himself, and you think it's lame. Being yourself is never lame.

You fail if you said no. Learn to get a sense of humor.