By mandy - 05/09/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I went out with my family and boyfriend for dinner. We were all having a good time, and suddenly at the end of dinner he decides to kneel down on one knee, take out an engagement ring, and say "I choose you, Pikachu," with a straight face. He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 586
You deserved it 87

Top comments

ciaobella_fml 0

Aw thats so cute, did you say yes?

Comments

pshyerface 0

Was the ring inside a Pokeball?

MistrSteezy 0

WHY IS EVERYONE TELLING HER TO SAY YES?! His proposal was not cute, it was STUPID. What kind of a guy in his 20s, 30s, maybe even 40s, would propose like that? If someone proposed to me like that, I would have flat out refused, and waited for a guy who could actually be serious about something as important as a proposal.

We don't all want someone who is serious and has a stick up their ass then they are "supposed" to (like while proposing for example). In fact, that's one trait I look for in guys is that they break the rules and don't give a damn about most traditions. I think that's the difference between the people who think this proposal is cute and the people who this it's lame.

Agreed 100% with Gonzolove. Along with your future husband, somewhere wedged far inside your ass is a stick. This guy's age has NOTHING to do with whether or not he likes pokemon - it is about the originality. Like someone said earlier - I'd much rather have him say "I choose you, Pikachu" than put the ring in the champagne or hide it in the cake [yawn] And if you're going to refuse and dump the guy because he didn't propose to you with a stony look on his face, than you don't really love the guy. I can just tell you're one of those bridezillas. GOOD LUCK to your future slave - I mean, husband.

Not really. Just insulted someone who had some very good points.

#265 - Good points? I believe all she did was state her opinion. Good lord. They weren't good points.

broken_princess 0

I CHOOSE YOU, PIKACHU aha your comment was WIN. made my day :)

banana_pancakesX 0

154, maybe the problem is that you don't have a sense of humor. alot of girls would be stoked to have their boyfriends propose like that because it means that he can find humor in a stressful situation.

is the stone on the ring in the shape of a pokemon ball? Lol

I hope when takes off your pants, he doesn't say "Hello, Kitty." Or worse, sing the theme song.

Well if you love him, isn't that the only thing that matters. Who cares the way he proposed to you. I personally would of laughed my head off.

Colombiano1609 0

for hos birthday get him a stuffed pokemon with a letter "from Pikachu, happy birthday ash."

Everyone is so stupid. I completely agree with you, what he did wasn't that cute at all, it's pretty lame and it would ruin the moment. I wouldn't marry him.

Well than it's a good thing he didn't propose to you, isn't it?

Awwww,that's so cute! Well,it is if you like Pokemon. You problably don't. But I would love to be proposed to in that way...If I believed in marriage.