By OmniVore - 25/02/2010 09:42 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a date with a great vegan guy in my class. We went to a vegi-restaurant, I dutifully ate all the meatless dishes, but he seemed pissed about something, and other diners kept giving me angry looks. After we left, I realised I'd worn my leather jacket to the date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 358
You deserved it 42 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

guckylynn 19

It's stupid though because just because you're vegan doesn't mean you hate leather. For all they know it's fake, so why would they take time out of their meal to stare at you?

zelly05 0

uhmm I'm sorry I think u deserved that..:( out of all the things u could have worn..but a leather jacket?? o.O

Comments

ueah you and your boyfriend are hippie ***** ydi for being a fag

omg stop the press. tell them to ge the f**k over it. can't waste good leather. luvvv leather.

missy22_fml 0

to #20, she knew she was going on a date with a vegan, even "dutifully ate all the meatless dishes." It was an inconsiderate mishap, and has nothing to with changing values, though she seemed willing enough to do so. Overreacting much 20?

Well, that was pretty senseless. Still, he can't excuse himself from his bigoted behavior since he decided to date you, after all. Besides, he could've told you before you left. It's also quite ironic that he has more respect for certain fauna (apparently only non-humans) than he does for others. YDI for dating an narcissistic dumbass.

People stop complaining about vegans - it's their diet, they can chose it. There are vegans who will lecture you about eating meat and there are those that won't. Like religious people (as many others have also commented). OP - did any of them actually come up to you and give you a lecture for wearing that jacket? If the answer is no then they were just exercising their right to have their own opinion. Like you did for wearing it in the first place. If you're that bothered you should've thought more about exactly where you were going and what in. But you should've told the guy you weren't veggie/vegan before the date, even if you still went to the veggie restaurant. Lying is not the way forward, unless you're willing to change your own lifestyle to suit someone else's.

YDI for being a gay **** sexual **** loving, Justin Beiber loving deep throater

Little late, but #79 Brave Sir Robin: Important things ftw, Demetri's a genius.

muckraker 0

Vegan is just the politically correct term for pussy.