Nice try

By Anonymous - 14/09/2023 14:00

Today, I fed my husband a vegan beef burger so I could show him that it tastes exactly the same when he didn’t notice. He noticed on the first bite and spat it across the kitchen because he thought the meat had expired before I cooked it, and tasted disgusting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 105
You deserved it 1 729

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Most people can discern real meat and fake meat. That’s why fake meat producers have spent hundreds of millions attempting to get the taste down, and they still have not accomplished it, and probably never will.

food tampering is a crime in my country and glad for it, dont try and force your food beliefs on your partner it doesnt taste the same and how would you know if you dont eat meat?

Comments

Most people can discern real meat and fake meat. That’s why fake meat producers have spent hundreds of millions attempting to get the taste down, and they still have not accomplished it, and probably never will.

What's poisonous about it? Also, a human being an actual carnivore is very unlikely.

Read the ingredients of a veggie burger and then look up what those great ingredients are. and that's not even including the leftover residue pesticides and insecticides from all the vegetables.

food tampering is a crime in my country and glad for it, dont try and force your food beliefs on your partner it doesnt taste the same and how would you know if you dont eat meat?

That's not food tampering at all. Youcan't possibly tamper food that you cooked yourself. You also don't have to provide a full ingredient list everytime you offer someone food. She most likely just said "Here's a burger", which is true by definition. Burgers come in many different variants. And where does it say that he/she doesn't eat meat?

Most food tampering laws have a clause that states giving somebody food under "false pretenses" that the food is something else regardless of what the food is, is considered tampering. (example would be telling somebody you cooked one dish but it was really another dish that had ingredients they they were allergic to ,regardless if the cook knew about the allergies or not.)

You can't tamper with your *own* food. However, feeding someone *else* food and lying by omission about what's in it does, in fact, count as tampering with food. For all we know, and potentially for all OP knows, husband could have been allergic to it (fun fact: soy, which is present in most meat substitutes, is in the top 8 food allergies) and OP could have sent him to the hospital because husband would not have known to ask.

they do not taste the same. not even close if someone tampered with my food like that there would be one hell of a fight. don't push your choices on someone else, he's a grown ass man capable of making his own decisions

Try a better one next time... Also the point isn't really that it tastes the same. It tastes different, but some I even like more than real meat.

I tried going vegan for health reasons some of the vegetarian dishes are really good but the vegan only breads and fake meats were disgusting and I tried every brand on the market none of them tasted right the fake meat tasted spoiled and the bread tasted like cardboard ,paper or dirt.

OP, how would you have felt if husband had done that to you - Fed you a meat product while telling you it was vegan? Not very nice - Right?

HouseOfM 8

If you think that fake taste as good your sense of taste is awful

I'm all for plant based eating, but please don't impose it on others who don't want to partake in it. Respect others' food boundaries, especially your husband's. Don't be that type of vegan.