By Anonymous - 20/08/2014 22:14 - Sweden - ?kersberga

Today, I went on my first date in 8 years. While we were looking at the menu, the guy said: "So if you're vegetarian, why're you so fat?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 942
You deserved it 8 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

seprunner 12

Did you say "Because I eat people who make fun of me." then grab your fork and lick your lips?

Comments

I can't believe people have the nerve to say something like that, I feel like the world is getting too comfortable with being mean

She should have responded with "It's all the fiber, and I don't need any more shit in my life" and then left.

Well that kind of smooth talk ain't going to get you laid.. He should know better

Some people should have gotten spanked more when they were younger

"Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask people why they're fat"

Mean? More like ******* rude and inconsiderate of feelings. I really, really hope OP had some brains and left. That relationship clearly was going to be heading down the wrong side of the track anyways.

Rude and inconsiderate falls under the category of mean, 22.

websphere69 27

not only rude but very ignorant!

If he didn't like that you were fat, why did you two go out on a date?

pwnman 33

Well we aren't aware of what circumstances set the date. For all we know, it could be a blind date or someone OP met on this internet..

ShadowlessSpear 21

Or maybe it was just a question that came out really wrong, and at the wrong time.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Respect101 17

I wouldn't say they deserve to be beaten. Some people are fat because they don't take car of themselves well enough, others actually have obesity. I'm not saying go around calling people fat, but some can help themselves and lose the weight others it would be extremely difficult.

Yes 88, some people are fat and it is completely because of the choices they have made. However, just because someone has made those decisions it does not give anyone else the right to be mean to them or call them fat. It blows my mind that there are so many people that are completely fine with calling people fat to their face and tell them they should lose weight. These are often times the same people that think it's wrong to make fun of someone for their race or sexuality but for some reason making fun of overweight people is ok. I just don't get it.

Respect101 17

I'm not saying make fun of them. But for the ones that can lose weight but choose not to put in the effort, but still complain about being overweight. is what baffles me.

LiterOfCola 16

#91- actually we all DO have the right to call somebody fat. It's rude and mean; leave it at that.

All you guys are promoting is ignorance. People. Get. Fat. 95% of the time, it is their decision. This is a burden they put on themselves. It shouldn't be that offensive to ask someone about their weight. Being even 20 lbs. overweight can pose major healt risks. It's a problem that must be talked about.

SORRY TO INTERRUPT BUT- I LOVE UR PROFILE PIC! ((Sorry so much caps))

112, please lay all of your personal medical problems out on the table so we can all discuss them, like it's any of our business.

Or people can mind their own ******* business and let people live their lives. This is why we need body acceptance and positive body image

#88, not all people are fat because of choices they've made. It could be inherited. They might also have some sort of disorder that causes them to gain weight constantly. Like, there are alot of "skinny" girls who eat like pigs but never seen to gain. Some people can't help it.

You are comparing something, in almost all cases, that is choice to race or sexuality which are not choices. Obvious false parallel is a false parallel....

What does Mean with a capital 'M' mean?

It's okay; he just didn't finish his sentence. I think he meant to say, "That's just 'Mean Girls'," but someone already beat him to the movie quotes.

Rosebudx 32

"If you're a man, why are you acting like a five-year-old?"

I'd say "Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're fat"

seprunner 12

Did you say "Because I eat people who make fun of me." then grab your fork and lick your lips?

zevo1415 10

But then she wouldnt be a Vegetarian

Respect101 17

or a cannibal like in the movie This is the End.

Or..you eat vegetarian people. That would be vegetarian zombie, right?

#124: Only if you eat their brains. You're thinking of cannibalistic vegetarians.

Wow, that's incredibly rude, and if it makes you feel any better, I bet he hasn't been on many dates in the past few years either(judging by his attitude)

iJUSTINsane 12

I don't know about first dates, but definitely not second dates