By newmoongirl1036 - 13/07/2015 02:03 - United States - Chicago

Today, I went on a date with a guy that I really like. At the last minute he informed me a friend would be tagging along. To keep his friend from being a third-wheel, I kept up a conversation, and managed to piss my date off. He thought I would be a better match for his friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 958
You deserved it 3 354

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should've just stuck to actual date rule and not bring his friend along.

MzZombicidal 36

That really sucks, OP. I don't know why he bothered to take you on a date if he wasn't even interested. Perhaps you WILL be a better match? :D Seems you two got along pretty well anyways. Regardless, I hope you have better dating luck from now on!

Comments

op she should let him know that it stopped being a date the minute he invited a friend

Damn, first comment and I have nothing witty nor useful to say. Oh well, FYL.

Should've just stuck to actual date rule and not bring his friend along.

Who brings a friend on a "date"? Unless you met said guy on a dating site and you're meeting for the first time, seems pretty bogus. On to the next, OP!

it doesn't say it was the first date. plus, nowadays dates are basically just a hang out. he just sounds jealous.

MzZombicidal 36

That really sucks, OP. I don't know why he bothered to take you on a date if he wasn't even interested. Perhaps you WILL be a better match? :D Seems you two got along pretty well anyways. Regardless, I hope you have better dating luck from now on!

I think it sounds like he WAS interested. And jealous.

meggieeeee92 27

If he was really all the interested he wouldn't have brought his friend along. It's not really a date at that point.

But then why would he get annoyed at OP for talking to his friend?

Shadowblast423 3

He thought that the conversation would go better and that OP and the date's friend would hit it off. When that didn't happen, date boy got pissed.

That guy isn't worth your time, good thing you didn't go any further with him

rieebee 23

Doesn't seem like he was taking your date seriously in the first place if he thought bringing his friend was a good idea. You're probably better off without him.