By Anonymous - 08/08/2009 07:02 - United States

Today, I was working in the box office. A group came in for tickets but wanted to pay individually. One paid $40 for a $25 ticket. Laughing, I reached for the calculator while saying, "I went to public school, so I can't do math." They didn't laugh. They were all teachers in public schools. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 042
You deserved it 55 238

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why? Why are people so giddy that they're mathematically incapable? Nobody goes, "teehee, I read at a 6th-grade level!" "I struggle with subject/verb agreement and homophones in my native language!" Don't be proud of the fact that you're a dumbass.

Its really not that hard a sum, dude. o_O

Comments

LoveFifteen 0

If $40 minus $25 requires you to reach for a calculator, then I don't think you're in your ideal career. *cringe*

My mother taught me backwards math. Round up the $40.00 to an easier figure (say $50.00) $50.00 - $25.00 = 25.00 subtract the $10.00 you added to the $40.00 = $15.00 Change = 15.00 This used to be called "old math" before some dildohead made up the "new math" which has everyone grabbing for the calculator. Old math you can do in your head. We should all learn it.

I'm sure they weren't mad at you personally, it was just that they were so filled with shame that their life's work is unleashing idiots like you on the world with a so-called diploma in your hand!

ramdoodle45 0

YDI for being a dumbass and not making the most of school. There's a reason you don't qualify for anything above ticket stand cashier, failure.

nikki1001 0

omg I really hope you are from South Jersey. I'm from North Jersey and went to public school, but at least I can do 40-25!!

Not only did I go to public school, I was in remedial math courses. Even I'm able to tell you that you'd owe the woman $15...YDI

public school? i don't know what type of area you live in, but i've gone to public schools all my life and i learned how to do subtraction like that in third grade YDI.

how do you get hired and not be able to do that?