By Anonymous - 08/08/2009 07:02 - United States

Today, I was working in the box office. A group came in for tickets but wanted to pay individually. One paid $40 for a $25 ticket. Laughing, I reached for the calculator while saying, "I went to public school, so I can't do math." They didn't laugh. They were all teachers in public schools. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 042
You deserved it 55 238

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why? Why are people so giddy that they're mathematically incapable? Nobody goes, "teehee, I read at a 6th-grade level!" "I struggle with subject/verb agreement and homophones in my native language!" Don't be proud of the fact that you're a dumbass.

Its really not that hard a sum, dude. o_O

Comments

you need to castrate yourself now before you get a chance to reproduce

broken_princess 0

Seriously, are you legally retarded? You can't do 40 - 25 without a calculator? I suggest you live with your parents for the rest of your life. Also, never quit your job. You won't get hired again.

fireandice92 0

I went to a cathlioc school and I still can't do math :(

ElMundio87 0

If you can't do 40-25, it's no surprise they didn't laugh, it's not nice to laugh at a retard.

Don't feel bad at all. All public schools SUCK. It won't hurt to give them a reminder!

that_guy321 2

it's $15 in change you, sir, are what we call a "dumbass" did they teach you that in public school?

wtv, you were brain dead for a minute but public school teachers aren't the problem, it's the students.

If you act stupid people will think you are stupid. Don't live down to other's expectations, or even your own. And honey, when they give you more money than the price of a ticket, start with the price of the ticket ($25) and count up to the amount of money they gave you. So, $25 for the ticket and count by 5's so you'd have $30, $35, $40. So it would be $15. Get it? No subtraction needed. Now, go forth and be stupid no more.

I totally understand this - I'm dyscalculic (it's kinda like the numbers form of dyslexia). Numbers are total static in my head. It took me six years to learn my own phone number. I was the last kid in my class to memorize the times tables, and I STILL can't do it right most of the time. FYL dude. I know it's embarrassing sometimes, when you can't do simple addition and subtraction problems.

Essentials 0

you should never be proud of being an idiot.