You asshat

By Natalie - 14/07/2012 16:46 - United States - Odessa

Today, my father, who's never played much part in my life, told me how proud he is of me. I choked back tears, and we hugged for the first time in years. Later, I choked back my rage when I saw he'd opened my mail and obviously planned on leeching my new-found SSI money off me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 047
You deserved it 2 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"daughter, as long as you can shower me in money I'll love you, but once that stops, so does my love for you" what a jerk

Comments

My mother does that bullshit all the time. She refuses to get a job and insists on using my ssi to buy beer and cigarettes.

I hate mooching relatives. You feel like you can never tell them no! OPs father may have made it easier for OP to say no, in this case.

21) and if you do say no, they send you on a ******* guilt trip.

Daftendirekt1 0

59 - So true. It really pisses me off when it happens to someone and the parent has just come into their life after leaving. OP, forget about that part of your life, tell him where he can go and move on.

It's ok op I know what that's like

Wow... I don't see how people can just take money or steal anything with no remorse at all.

unixdude 9

It's ok. OP is stealing/leeching off everyone else.

HairyPunisher 27

34, not EVERYONE that receives SSI is a low life that's cheating the system.

I used to work at a bank and to see the amount of people conning the system would floor you. I'm not saying OP is, but to stumble upon newfound SSI money is something that makes me say hmm.

"daughter, as long as you can shower me in money I'll love you, but once that stops, so does my love for you" what a jerk

gTOtheT 7

Sadly, that's what the world has come to. So many scumbag deadbeat dads in the world today.

Kick his ass kill him talk him out of it just dont let him have it he dosent derserve it.

TxCountryBeauty 10

I feel your pain op... I moved in with my mom n her boyfriend when I was in highschool to basically support her boyfriends drug habits n pay their house note. Everything's different now but it sucks op!

Bonzer 2

Here come the grammar nazis!

theneatoburrito 8

Must....resist...and have sympathy...for the sad story...and not...correct...gramma- RAWR! Run! Run while you can, save yourselves! I can't control it!

HairyPunisher 27

The comment wasn't as grammatically terrible as some comments I've seen.

TxCountryBeauty 10

Aww sad face:( I misspelled and, and I'm a college student... What are they teaching us kids these days? What a shame... Seriously people- I'm not writing a huge paper or something that will go into the newspaper. This is a silly website so who cares. Everyone understood my comment, right? :):):)

FlamingTacos 7

Give him $100,000,000,000 in monopoly money to make him love you forever

erockinthesuburb 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Allow me speak with OP's power of attorney for a moment. *Ahem...* No.

Make it rain on him, by kicking him out

olpally 32

100% jackass of a father right there. Ouch :/