By Anonymous - 08/08/2009 07:02 - United States

Today, I was working in the box office. A group came in for tickets but wanted to pay individually. One paid $40 for a $25 ticket. Laughing, I reached for the calculator while saying, "I went to public school, so I can't do math." They didn't laugh. They were all teachers in public schools. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 042
You deserved it 55 238

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why? Why are people so giddy that they're mathematically incapable? Nobody goes, "teehee, I read at a 6th-grade level!" "I struggle with subject/verb agreement and homophones in my native language!" Don't be proud of the fact that you're a dumbass.

Its really not that hard a sum, dude. o_O

Comments

geesquared 0

that is so sad. just the fact that the OP thinks idiots go to public school just... makes me so pissed off.

Am I the only one that realizes that the OP was just making a joke? He/She just got burned because they were teachers from public schools.

haha all you idiots think he actually needed the calculator? It was a JOKE. FYL for making a funny joke to the wrong people.

I think it's nice that so many people are trying to help you. These are positive forces in your life. Pay no attention to the ones that are not. It's called being part of the solution not part of the problem. You're going to be ok.

I completed 12 years of public school, 4 years of a public university, and 4 years of vet school. There is obviously nothing wrong with public school, you're just an idiot.

ihavebadluckx5 0

i'm pretty sure i could have done that math in second grade. where i went to a public school.

FYL for going to public school. Don't feel bad, TDI (they deserved it) for being teachers. Most teachers = control freaks. They're only teachers to be controlling. Not all are like this, but the majority are.

Bud_fml 16

I don't get it... Wouldn't you just give him change? Cuz he probably gave you two $20s lol

No one can do math nowadays, even when they have a calculator they can't figure out what to do. But even I can figure out what $40 - $25 is and I've failed most math classes from 7th grade up.