By Anonymous - 08/08/2009 07:02 - United States

Today, I was working in the box office. A group came in for tickets but wanted to pay individually. One paid $40 for a $25 ticket. Laughing, I reached for the calculator while saying, "I went to public school, so I can't do math." They didn't laugh. They were all teachers in public schools. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 042
You deserved it 55 238

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why? Why are people so giddy that they're mathematically incapable? Nobody goes, "teehee, I read at a 6th-grade level!" "I struggle with subject/verb agreement and homophones in my native language!" Don't be proud of the fact that you're a dumbass.

Its really not that hard a sum, dude. o_O

Comments

your life does suck, but only because you couldn't figure that out. jesus.

I go to a public school and i'm very good at math.

Holy shit, if you can't do math that's THAT ******* simple, please, PLEASE kill yourself. We don't need people like you to breed.

Sessee 4

Your life is ****** if you can't subtract 25 from 40.

hahaha well they deserve it for thinking public school education is actually worth something.

Aside from everyone arguing about math this fml sucks you just bumped into people with no sense of humor. aka most teachers

wtf? the cash register does it. you don't need to pull out a calculator.

If they didn't laugh, then there just uptight :)

jnic 0

....... if you can't do math that simple, public school is the least of your problems.

Its true, teachers are idiots. They think they are so awesome but kids are getting more and more effed up at the hands of public school. Why do you think so many people homeschool now.