By Anonymous - 08/08/2009 07:02 - United States

Today, I was working in the box office. A group came in for tickets but wanted to pay individually. One paid $40 for a $25 ticket. Laughing, I reached for the calculator while saying, "I went to public school, so I can't do math." They didn't laugh. They were all teachers in public schools. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 042
You deserved it 55 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why? Why are people so giddy that they're mathematically incapable? Nobody goes, "teehee, I read at a 6th-grade level!" "I struggle with subject/verb agreement and homophones in my native language!" Don't be proud of the fact that you're a dumbass.

Its really not that hard a sum, dude. o_O

Comments

Damn. That's sad. And public schools can be awesome, if you are good enough to get into the right ones. UCLA woot

im 13 and i can do 40-25 maybe you should have paid more attention in school

WOW you're only 13 and you can do 2nd grade math!? Like stating your age makes that impressive at all.

YDI for not being able to do simple math.

You don't demonstrate reading in public? What about signs, menus, ads, bus schedules, street names....

Sweetie, the fact that they didn't laugh at your poor joke is the least of your problems. 40-25? Seriously?

mister_moops 0

wow. ydi for being pathetically stupid...

ydi for not being able to do mental math of $15....

How is it that intelligent people are losing their jobs by the thousands due to global recession, and somebody who can't subtract two whole numbers gets to keep theirs? You went to public school? Maybe you should have gone to special school...

Yeah because all those intelligent people are just clamoring to work as a box office cashier...

Well i guess you now know whether or not you are smarter than a sixth grader.