By No Job - 01/10/2015 01:42 - United States - Prairieville

Today, I was supposed to start my new job. I had forgotten I had a doctor's appointment, so I called work early and told them I wouldn't be able to start until tomorrow. My boss then terminated my employment. I got fired before I even started. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 361
You deserved it 30 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

Did it ever occur to you how it would look, canceling your first day at work?

If it wasn't too serious, you should of rescheduled the doctors appointment.

Comments

I bet you still live at home with mommy and daddy. Nobody living on their own would have made this horrible decision.

crackyeggy 9

is that supposed to be insulting? someone living with their parents?

Are you bitter cause your parents kicked you out #43? Some people I know who live with their parents are super smart and responsible and saving up, some people I know who live alone/ with a spouse/ roommates are complete slobs who'd forget their own head and vice versa. Don't be a dick. (and no I don't live with my parents)

Well played. Your attention to detail in your life demonstrates why you are a highly desirable employee. There is an old saying "don't make your problem my problem". That is what you did to your boss and he reached in a very predictable way.

I'm wondering how old op is,because if they are really young and inexperienced in a working environment they may not have considered cancelling the doctors appointment to be common sense,but otherwise they totally deserved it

Even when I was young, I knew better than to call in on my first day for something that could easily be rescheduled.

Perhaps OP was hesitant to cancel appointment because she was meant to see a specialist? Just a random guess. Those appointments usually take months to get and rescheduling is difficult. I had a specialist appointment that ironically I had to reschedule, due to school obligations. And it's been months but haven't heard anything back. However, given that OP forgot about the appointment completely, doesn't seem like it was all that important. Either way, OP could have found ways to avoid situation. Remembering the appointment earlier and making it known to your employer that it's an important appointment (if that's the case), probably would have made them a lot more understanding. Or cancelling would have been easiest, if it wasn't important.

I had a doctor's appt and then happened to get called in for a job interview the same day. You know what I did? I called up the doctor's office and apologized and CANCELLED my appt. And I wasn't even guaranteed a job. I'm sorry OP, but YDI.

Wow op that's a pretty stupid thing to do. I hope you learned a lesson.

Seriously. Maybe your doctor's appt should have been kept cuz you need your head examined! Delaying your first day on a new job for a doctor's appt?! Bad move dumbass.

Shorely a learning experience being punctual to any activity is A sign of commitment

Yikes. Employers pay for drug screenings and background checks and take a lot of time to schedule people around the nrw guy to ensure there isnt any sort of impact on productivity and you just showed them that you don't care about commitments. I wish there was an FTL (**** Their Life) option but YDI will have to suffice.