By No Job - 01/10/2015 01:42 - United States - Prairieville

Today, I was supposed to start my new job. I had forgotten I had a doctor's appointment, so I called work early and told them I wouldn't be able to start until tomorrow. My boss then terminated my employment. I got fired before I even started. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 361
You deserved it 30 623

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

Did it ever occur to you how it would look, canceling your first day at work?

If it wasn't too serious, you should of rescheduled the doctors appointment.

Comments

Canceling your first day at work.. bad idea.

Yeah that's usually a big no no. Sorry but that's how it is. Totally sucks though

You probably should have rescheduled it depending on how serious the appointment. They completely overreacted though and you may have dodged a bullet.

How did the Employer overreact?!?!?!?! They took the time to interview OP and decided to hire them and the DAY that OP is to start, they call in because OP didn't have the common sense to reschedule a Dr's appointment. Honesty it is more of the Employer and their Company have dodged a Bullet.... BIG TIME!!!

It's irresponsible AND stupid (they tend to go hand-in-hand, but still). Unless it was a dire emergency, the doctor's appointment could have been scheduled for a more convenient day. If anything, OP could have communicated everything to his/her boss *while* at work. Seriously faulty logic is at work here.

susytreydawg 13

the moderators for this site are asshole. freedom of press.

Not the smartest idea. Thought that'd it'd be common sense to just change the appointment day. Guess not. YDI all the way.

Always!...ALWAYS cancel the doctor appointment...

Why couldn't you just change your doctors appointment? Yeah you might've been charged a fee but at least you'd have a job.

Just how important was this doctor's appointment? Especially that you didn't tell work about it in advance.