By No Job - 01/10/2015 01:42 - United States - Prairieville

Today, I was supposed to start my new job. I had forgotten I had a doctor's appointment, so I called work early and told them I wouldn't be able to start until tomorrow. My boss then terminated my employment. I got fired before I even started. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 361
You deserved it 30 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

Did it ever occur to you how it would look, canceling your first day at work?

If it wasn't too serious, you should of rescheduled the doctors appointment.

Comments

Your priorities are wrong. Were you going to die? Then you don't need the job and by all means keep the Dr apt. Otherwise YDI.

Upon starting my first job, I rescheduled my first day of work one week later, at 10AM, on the first day, because of a doctor appointement. (And hair dresser, and dentist). I was asked in on a monday for paper work. We did all contract signing, aso. Then this conversation happens: - "Do you have more question?" - "What's the next step?" - "The offices are at [address], Mrs YYY is expecting you in 1 hour." - "Errrrr, That won't be possible :s" Yeah, nobody during the preliminary contacts thought it would be usefull to tell me i was starting that same day. :)

If that job mattered to you, you would've cancelled the appointment. You shouldn't miss work for a few months when you first start, so imagine how calling off on your FIRST day looked. YDI.

kristadc 20

YDI. I don't think the doctors appointment was too important or serious because if so you wouldn't have forgotten about it. So you should've rescheduled the appointment instead.

OP - this literally the stupidest thing I have ever read in my entire life. Super dumb move.

afisxfallxchild 9

Why wouldn't you just reschedule your doctor's appointment?

You should've canceled the doctors appointment.

Pretty much your fault on this one. Not exactly a great impression for your former new boss...

I did that at the job I'm currently in!! (Though to be fair, it was gastro and they didn't want any part of it. Also I didn't get fired because of it...)