By kandykrazed17 - 23/05/2009 12:14 - United States

Today, I was leaving work when some creeper start following me. When he asked me for my name, I immediately gave him a fake one. He just laughed and said “I hope to see you soon.” He used my real name. First AND last. I was still wearing my name tag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 231
You deserved it 29 403

kandykrazed17 tells us more.

lol first of all i work at a WAMU where our name tags give our full name so no lies there. secondly, this guy was twice my age. i was not being bitchy at all. he said hi and then i smiled and said hi back. it's one thing when you greet someone. it's another when you keep following them asking personal questions. i didn't give a fake name on purpose. it was just a natural reaction. lol but yea i guess it wasn't smart to walk out with my name tag still on. o and btw not to be rude but i took AP english so i'm pretty sure i know how to use “proceeded” in a sentence correctly. it's not my fault if other ppl don't or overuse it.

Top comments

notsofriendly 17

Following her isn't creepy? Pretty sure it is. Some guys act like girls owe them a chance, but we don't owe anyone anything, and we're not "close-minded bitches" for not wanting to share our personal information when we don't feel comfortable.

Comments

Why didn't you take off your name tag when you got off work? Also, people don't have to be a creeper to do something creepy. True, he was following you, but you could've just ignored him or gone into a store somewhere. You don't have to answer anything. What I do is I get out my cellphone, call someone, and start talking loudly. People generally leave me alone then.

I think this all depends on how far he followed you. You said you left work and he asked you your name, but did you walk several blocks with him following you or did you just walk out the door? If you just walked out the door then YDI for being such a bitch as others have said, but if he had been following you then FYL and I agree with #24 and others

Curtieeeez 0

I voted FYL + YDI YDI for being silly enough to give a fake name with a name badge on, but FYL for getting stalked xD

Yulia_fml 0

Hey Azurea, who do you think she has issues of wanting attention? Have you ever considered that maybe not EVERY guy is well-intentioned when he tries to get a girl's attention? What if this guy really was being creepy by following her down the street? It's one thing to come up to a woman and introduce yourself and start up a conversation, but it's different to follow her. Plus, you know perfectly well that most women love attention. When it's negative, nobody wants that.

Give a heads up to the people at your work that they're not to give out personal information about you to anyone unless they absolutely know the person. Now that he knows your name, he can call them up and try to fish info about you out of them. Make sure they know the situation.

lol first of all i work at a WAMU where our name tags give our full name so no lies there. secondly, this guy was twice my age. i was not being bitchy at all. he said hi and then i smiled and said hi back. it's one thing when you greet someone. it's another when you keep following them asking personal questions. i didn't give a fake name on purpose. it was just a natural reaction. lol but yea i guess it wasn't smart to walk out with my name tag still on. o and btw not to be rude but i took AP english so i'm pretty sure i know how to use “proceeded” in a sentence correctly. it's not my fault if other ppl don't or overuse it.

PugDelatorre 11

#58 You took AP English but yet don't capitalize I, or spell people right.

People are allowed to abbreviate words you know.

kellster 2

And that's EXACTLY why you always take your name tag off! The world is full of creepers! I know it's hard to always remember, but you have to be smart if you want to outsmart their kind. How awkward, getting totally caught in a lame lie like that, too. FYL indeed.

I also agree with #7. I hate how everyone says "proceeded to". If you're trying to sound smart and use a synonym for "and then I..." or something like that, this uh doesn't really work or help.

Yulia_fml 0

hahaha OP/#58, you took AP English and you don't know how to write the past tense of "start" correctly. ROFL!

If you took AP English you would realize how incredibly terrible your grammar is. That last wall-o-text was a complete eyesore. #56 - I understand that not every guy has good intentions, and I understand that women like attention. However, you are wrong about one thing: many women like negative attention too.