By kandykrazed17 - 23/05/2009 12:14 - United States

Today, I was leaving work when some creeper start following me. When he asked me for my name, I immediately gave him a fake one. He just laughed and said “I hope to see you soon.” He used my real name. First AND last. I was still wearing my name tag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 231
You deserved it 29 403

kandykrazed17 tells us more.

lol first of all i work at a WAMU where our name tags give our full name so no lies there. secondly, this guy was twice my age. i was not being bitchy at all. he said hi and then i smiled and said hi back. it's one thing when you greet someone. it's another when you keep following them asking personal questions. i didn't give a fake name on purpose. it was just a natural reaction. lol but yea i guess it wasn't smart to walk out with my name tag still on. o and btw not to be rude but i took AP english so i'm pretty sure i know how to use “proceeded” in a sentence correctly. it's not my fault if other ppl don't or overuse it.

Top comments

notsofriendly 17

Following her isn't creepy? Pretty sure it is. Some guys act like girls owe them a chance, but we don't owe anyone anything, and we're not "close-minded bitches" for not wanting to share our personal information when we don't feel comfortable.

Comments

crayolaalove 0

why would your name tag have your last name on it...

Yeah the only thing annoying about the word "proceeded" is the people who keep bitching about it. Who cares? Get over it.

Oh, and don't be afraid to shut him down hard and shut him down soon. Women often pick up stalkers because we're taught to smile and "be nice" and never to hurt anybody's feelings. Unfortunately, stalkers take anything short of "die in a fire" as encouragement. Smiling reluctance tells them to step up their "courtship" and try harder to convince you.

Wow, no wonder us single guys have a tough time. Chicks think everyone is a "creepy" guy. You're still alive by having typed this, and he probably laughed only because he knew you were avoiding him since you gave him a fake name. Perhaps he was just a guy who was shy or just afraid of being rejected by you; so he probably wasn't acting normally. Oh well.

He would have known your name anyways from you working there.

Yulia_fml 0

#62, where's the evidence? I'm a woman, and I don't like negative attention. I don't want to be followed around by a man when I'm walking alone on a street. I've been in situations when the attention is intimidating and negative, and I've had nightmares about it. Where do you get off being so sure about this?

Everyone who keeps saying that the OP was a bitch to this guy must be a man.. with everything that is on the news these days, women are hardwired to not trust any random guys. This was not someone starting friendly conversation say, in a line at a supermarket. When someone starts walking after you and asks personal questions, then yeah, its creepy.

Yulia_fml 0

#62, I think I know why you believe some women like negative attention. When women get followed around by some random guy, or are in some similar situation, they will go to their friends and tell them all about it. You must think this means that they like it. It doesn't. It only means that women get over bad experiences by venting and talking about it, and getting sympathy from people who care. I know that you, as a man, probably get over bad experiences by distracting yourself from it and concentrating on other things. It doesn't work the same way for women. Now, I understand these are all generalizations, but they're pretty accurate if you look at trends of behavior.

FreedomFirst 0