By kandykrazed17 - 23/05/2009 12:14 - United States

Today, I was leaving work when some creeper start following me. When he asked me for my name, I immediately gave him a fake one. He just laughed and said “I hope to see you soon.” He used my real name. First AND last. I was still wearing my name tag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 231
You deserved it 29 403

kandykrazed17 tells us more.

lol first of all i work at a WAMU where our name tags give our full name so no lies there. secondly, this guy was twice my age. i was not being bitchy at all. he said hi and then i smiled and said hi back. it's one thing when you greet someone. it's another when you keep following them asking personal questions. i didn't give a fake name on purpose. it was just a natural reaction. lol but yea i guess it wasn't smart to walk out with my name tag still on. o and btw not to be rude but i took AP english so i'm pretty sure i know how to use “proceeded” in a sentence correctly. it's not my fault if other ppl don't or overuse it.

Top comments

notsofriendly 17

Following her isn't creepy? Pretty sure it is. Some guys act like girls owe them a chance, but we don't owe anyone anything, and we're not "close-minded bitches" for not wanting to share our personal information when we don't feel comfortable.

Comments

a little presumptuous that he was a creeper just because he seemed to be interested, i bet if he was your type, you would have loved it. nonetheless sucks that you got caught like that, sucks for him too though that a girl lied to him- he recovered from it well, you did not.

Agreed with 7 and 23. And then imagine the last sentence going like "Turns out I was still wearing my nametag"

Who cares if people use the word "proceeded"?? I doubt many people would even notice it if it wasn't pointed out all the freaking time... As for the FML - that is seriously freaky. I would have probably done the same thing. There's probably a reason the OP used the words "some creeper" rather than "some random guy". Sometimes you just get a creepy vibe from someone, and it's probably a good idea to take that seriously. It's not even as if she said something bitchy - she just gave him a different name.

The "proceeded" here is used correctly, people need to get their panties out of a knot. FYL just for the proceeded comments if NOTHING else. Creepers suck, next time take off your nametag

Kitty34_fml 0

I was taught not to talk to strangers when I was like 6 years old. You should have just ignored him and ran into a nearby store or something. I disagree with the people saying the OP is rude or stuck up. Safety is the most important thing. If I come off as rude or stuck up when a strange man talks to me, I don't care. It's not worth it to be nice and risk my safety. I'm not going to yell "OH MY GOD CREEP GET AWAY OR I'M CALLING THE COPS" - that's unnecessary. To avoid the awkwardness, I pretend I don't speak English or that my headphones are too loud and I can't hear. Besides, this is probably fake. Name tags don't list first and last names.

15 you are wrong. Where I work during the summer our name tags have our first and last names

angel03260 0

i moded this one. this isn't a fake, i've seen alot of last names on name tags. but fyl indeed.

123_asdfghjkl 0

To everyone saying name tags don't have first and last names: you must not pay attention to them or get out much. I have been to plenty of places where the employees have their full names on their name tags.