Explain this, Elon!

By early adopter - 06/08/2022 14:00

Today, I've officially spent more fixing my electric car than I spent buying it, less than a year ago. My tenant's 20 year-old junk car, however, runs just fine. It broke down a few months ago and cost less than a grand to fix. FML
I agree, your life sucks 403
You deserved it 788

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A new electric car would certainly have a warranty and you should have no repair expenses. Did you buy a used homemade kit car off Craigslist?

This is the second reason I’m waiting to buy an electric vehicle - get all the bugs ironed out. The first being that I’m flat broke.

Comments

A new electric car would certainly have a warranty and you should have no repair expenses. Did you buy a used homemade kit car off Craigslist?

This is the second reason I’m waiting to buy an electric vehicle - get all the bugs ironed out. The first being that I’m flat broke.

a big selling point of older cars is cost of repairs. the more electronics it has the more expensive the fix can get. my father worked with old Chevy parts and could usually get parts remade, and delivered in a week or so for a couple hundred on the high end most times unless super custom. even had people buy Chevy parts and use/ convert them for other makes and models.

cpguru24 15

This is that "Green New Deal" you kept hearing about. Oh, you thought it was about the environment?

Another reason I refuse to get an electric car.