By Stuck - 15/07/2009 04:01 - United States

Today, I was going to break up with my boyfriend after we went out for dinner. To my surprise, our families were also in the restaurant, to witness him propose to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 822
You deserved it 14 376

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw. I feel bad for him. I really don't know how two people in a relationship can be on such different pages. Couldn't you at least have hinted about breaking up?

rayrayy_fml 0

That's awkward. :/ Did you reject him? & #3, maybe they were on the same page. Maybe they both felt it was time for a change. She felt the solution was something new, and he felt it was taking the relationship to the next level, who knows.

Comments

Why are people hating her for wanting to break up with him (maybe in public), but he purposely planned to propose in an even greater public setting. Proposals should be for the two of you; not a whole restaurant and your whole family!! FYL

YDI for waiting AFTER the date to break up with him.stupid bitch!

Hey now, kids, break it up. I'll turn this van right around.

Yea_Wateva 0

haha nah that person actually has a point its not the best but i mean come on yew gotta be nervous to break up wiff someone maybe she was trying to get a free meal but they dont have to call her a skanky hoe and all this? I honestly was really bored and juss wanted to see what people would tell me then i thought it over and like i shouldnt of said all that but im juss saying they shouldnt be calling her a skanky ***** juss fer one free meal big whoop. Honestly I know i should of juss put that in the first place but oh well im not perfect plus im juss a kid.

SirAwesome 0

"The man always pays for the date." Lots of golddiggers and the men who love them post on FML, it seems.

I'm sick of you kids giving us younger teenagers a bad name. Type properly please! I can tell you're 12 because you use words like wiff and juss.

helpmeiamblind 0

Total agreement with this comment. YDI and alot worse you ****** ****, leading on the poor guy like that, and then trying to get a free dinner out of it all before you leave him broken...

broken_princess 0

More like FHL for getting dumped in front of everyone. You're a bitch, you just wanted to get one last thing out of him before you ended it. YDI big time.

YDI for being a twofaced leech. Why would you lead him on for so damn long that he thought he could marry you? You just damned him to an eternity alone, he's probably never going to propose to another girl again for fear that she'll dump him like you did. For that you deserve a swift cuntpunch and the same lifetime of loneliness that you've brought upon him.

As so many others have said... don't break up AFTER the date! Come on.