By Stuck - 15/07/2009 04:01 - United States

Today, I was going to break up with my boyfriend after we went out for dinner. To my surprise, our families were also in the restaurant, to witness him propose to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 822
You deserved it 14 376

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw. I feel bad for him. I really don't know how two people in a relationship can be on such different pages. Couldn't you at least have hinted about breaking up?

rayrayy_fml 0

That's awkward. :/ Did you reject him? & #3, maybe they were on the same page. Maybe they both felt it was time for a change. She felt the solution was something new, and he felt it was taking the relationship to the next level, who knows.

Comments

Today, I gathered both mine and my girlfriend's families secretly to a restaurant. I paid the restaurant to play romantic music, and paid for the best table available. As soon as we finished our meal, our families gathered around and I proposed. She laughed and said no way. FML

#142 #143, yeah the guy's side would be http://www.fmylife.com/love/4405336

ziqi92 0

but thats so cruel to laugh and say no way.....

They're two weeks apart though, aren't they?

How about a new FMLism? YDIG: "You Deserve It - Grammar" YDIG: You deserve it because you somehow made it this far in life without the ability to speak . (Not to be narrowmindedly English) You would use it in cases like this. "To witness him propose to me"???? FHL for trying to marry someone without a grasp of the english language.

More like **** his life for having a girlfriend or, if you said yes, wife who doesn't even love him..

Before you complain about other people's grammar you should remember that "English" is capitalized... I'm Norwegian and even I know that.

thats a ******* stupid idea ! bring families to a proposal ! not so romantic ..

GreeneyedWonder 0

Dear goodness please tell me you said no. Don't spare his feelings for his family's sake.

fhl that would be embarasing as hell but you gotta do what you gotta do

TheZarola 10

I would say FYL if you were going to break up with him some time before the date. However, you were going to get a free meal out of him and then break up with him. YDI, bitch.

hamster_10 2

your fault for trying to get a free dinner put of him first!