By Username - 13/09/2010 01:38 - France

Today, I told my 3 year old daughter to behave or I'd spank her. She looked right at me and said "Bring it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 363
You deserved it 31 395

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mclovin_95 0

Comments

if i was a dad and my kid said that, i would do one of two things, 1 if noone was around id slap him/her right across his/her face and tell him/her to get their butt to their room and sit there. or 2 if people where there id spank the crap out of him/her in front of everyone. kids need to be kept in line or they wind up as brats

There's a difference between spanking and abuse. A quick smack on the butt with a bare hand isn't abuse as long as the intent is to shock rather than harm. However hitting your child in the FACE is completely unnecessary, and if that comment was serious I really hope you never have children.

shy89 - oh get real. Spanking has nothing to do with humiliation. It's got to do with consequences. I and all 3 of my siblings were spanked, we've turned out better behaved than most kids these days are! You're a fool for equating spanking with domestic abuse and demonstrate your extreme naivety. There is no way in the world I would have EVER tolerated a boyfriend or husband hitting me because I understand there is a difference between a parent spanking a naughty child in a controlled manner, and a boyfriend being violent towards his girlfriend. You do an extreme disservice towards children who were spanked if you think we are that stupid. PS - I also didn't grow up thinking hitting people was the answer to life's problems. The only people I ever hit were my siblings :P and I think all kids do that regardless of how they are disciplined.

FFML_314 11

Smacking your child across the face is degrading AND humiliating. Whether it be in front of people or not. I don't care if you have 12 kids that get beat daily and are now successful. It's psychology and understanding the human mind. Children are incredibly impressionable and they don't think the same way adults do. So many parents make that mistake, because they assume "Hey if I can get it, why can't they?" Wrong! Kids need time to grow. Discipline? Yes. Slapping your child across the face? Hell on. A spanking when warranted? Sure. Learn the difference people. It's not rocket science. These are children we are talking about, not dogs. These aren't rag dolls and these aren't robots. They are your children. *You need to be your childs hero, every chance you get.*

I'm not against spanking altogether, but I will say that spanking never taught me any lessons as a kid. I'd be spanked for something I did, and a few days later I'd be making the same mistake again...Thus more spanking. On a side note, I'm definitely against slapping a child across the face!

FFML_314 11

Thank you. Yes, it's supposed to be *hell no. LOL

virtue_tm 0

Your comment : haha what a great kid.

britney_m54 0

lmao that's too cute! it's amazing what kids say now days!

goldhighways 0

I don't see how this is an fml.

this actually made me laugh so hard, almost entirely from the mental image :D