By momma - 16/08/2013 15:21 - Canada - Toronto

Today, while getting ready to welcome my first child into the world, my father in law decided to "help out" and threw out a bunch of papers I needed. Like my child's application for a health card, social insurance number, and my birth plan, as well as instructions from my doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 010
You deserved it 3 714

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not above digging through trash if necessary. Get them before they are gone forever.

Comments

Not very helpful either. Just riffle through the trash and get it if you can. I know how difficult it was to get all that taken care of as I am about to pop any day now! Best wishes for you and the baby! Good luck!

RedPillSucks 31

Have your father in law go through the trash to get that stuff back.

Hopefully you can restore those documents by going to a government agency?

Kids dont come for free, they come with something called responsibility.

@2 And pay a ton of money to replace everything? First, get that man digging through the trash.

southernbelle_rn 16

In America, you get to do all that paperwork while you're at the hospital...talk to your nurse and see if Canada is the same way? Don't overstress, enjoy the relaxing days you have at the hospital where you have all those extra hands for help with the newborn!

Do you not understand that his father threw out all important paperwork

I'm not above digging through trash if necessary. Get them before they are gone forever.

I once spent three hours in the big paper trash in front of my student home searching for my work contract. The other students had lots of fun with that but I was successful.

I would be telling the f-i-l to get digging first! but yes someone needs to get in that trash and look!

Ugh, I once had a roommate that threw out my paycheck! I had to go searching through the giant dumpster at our apartment complex for it. If it's not trash, and it's not yours, you don't touch it! That's my rule.

NatalieOntheTram 11

He could have "helped out" more by throwing himself out of a window.

at least it was an accident and not being an ass. good luck, OP. FYL

brians2617m 7

I agree; big oops moment. He didn't know.

Big oops or not he shouldn't go around throwing away things that aren't his.

Jake_Hale 7

That's not a legitimate excuse

So when you're nervous you just throw out everything in sight?

miiapaige 14

Not even his daughter, like damn.

Jake_Hale 7

Keep your chin up OP! I'm sure they made copies.

How can he mistake such important documents for trash? Imbecile.

#9 - Maybe he simply didn't read them, which he should have done. OP, I hope you can at least get copies of those documents.

#41 - I hope you're correct. If not, his IQ is about that of a potato.

JE553 9

And how exactly does one go about determining the IQ of a potato?

Xatraris 38

A potato can help light a lightbulb! So maybe its smarter?