By Username - 13/09/2010 01:38 - France

Today, I told my 3 year old daughter to behave or I'd spank her. She looked right at me and said "Bring it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 363
You deserved it 31 395

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mclovin_95 0

Comments

beat the little bastard hard and show her who's boss!

sipher16 0

haha it is the ultimate showdown good Gus bad guys and explosions I wonder who it will be this is the ultimate showdown the ultimate tale of destiny!! XD

deidre823 7

I would have slapped her mouth for that one. Thank Jeebus I have boy. Girls are horrible...ESPECIALLY 3 & 4 year olds!! My 3 year old goddaughter is awful. She tells her mom to get off the phone when she's talking to her...bad thing is...she does.

CheshireHalli 19

Wait, do I understand that right? The three year-old tells her mom to get off the phone when she talks to her? And the mother does it? OH GAWD! THE CHILD HAS MANNERS! Seriously, that would be incredibly rude if the mother stayed on the phone and tried to talk to her daughter at the same time. As for the FML, that's not too bad. Yeah, she has a sassy mouth, but she didn't say anything horrible. She just said "Bring It."

I think you're both nuts. A 3 year old needs to learn they can't tell their parents what to do, but they probably don't quite realise what they're doing. If it was an 8 year old that's another matter. However, saying the kid has manners? That's ludicrous. They're trying to tell their mother what to do! Plus it wouldn't be rude at all to pause your phone conversation, tell little Sally to wait until you get off the phone, then go back to your conversation. Also, the idea that girls are worse than boys is laughable and downright stupid. Both boys and girls have their drawbacks.

CheshireHalli 19

I know the kid doesn't obviously have perfect manners, and I don't completely advocate that a child tells the parent what to do, but I do think it's perfectly reasonable for a child to say "Mommy, please get off the phone, I need to talk to you." But the aspect of manners was purely in my thought process (which admittedly wasn't too great at the time I wrote it), but regardless, I don't think it would be a bad suggestion. I still don't see how this particular situation is an FML though. lol

well you should have brought it then, beat her little bitchy ass.

so did you spank her? I hate parents who threaten their kids with spanking and then don't carry through. You're just teaching your kids that you give empty threats and they don't have to fear you.

imright24 0

You're the one raising her. I bet you didn't do anything about it either. YDI.

I feel your pain. My daughter is now 6, but when she was 3, I took her toys away as a punishment. While explaining to her why she was punished, she ignored me by watching her tv, so I unplugged it and took that away too. She sat on her bed and said, "Fine, I'll use my imagination, can't take that away!" It was cute and funny, but I didn't want her to think it was something she can get away with, so I just told her, "Ok, while you do that, I'll be out here watching tv and playing with your toys." Spanking my daughter never worked, she knew the actual spanking would be over in seconds and that the pain wouldn't last much longer after... so I started taking her things away at an early age, even standing her in the corner on her tippy toes for 10 mins or so when she did bad things. I hope you 'Brought it' whether it was a spanking or some other form of punishment and then informed her that you did bring it. I don't think it's your fault as others have said, you can't filter out EVERYTHING. Just have to show your child that you will not tolerate this behavior. When you don't, then it becomes your fault. Good luck!