By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 03:16 - Canada - Ajax

Today, I had to call a parent and tell them that their special needs daughter is pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 146
You deserved it 2 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how special and how old is she? if she can't take care of herself then that's not a good thing.

Comments

I don't get how this is so awful for you. You're not the parents, or the daughter, why is this f your life?

OP could be a carer in a disabled home, it doesn't necessarily mean she's young.. She could be 35 and OP would still have to let the parents know, and it's not necessarily rape either. Disabled people are still people and they have desires too

if they don't fully understand the consequences, they cannot technically consent, which still labels it as rape, even if it was thought to be consensual.

Must of been a very "special" occasion ahahaha

Like how special people misspell have as of?

I hate when PC talk destroys the clarity of a sentence. Dyslexia, missing legs, etc. are all special needs. If you mean moderately retarded, then just say that.

Just FYI, in Ontario, the term 'special needs' ordinarily refers to people who would not be able to give consent or care for themselves, never mind a child. I have a feeling this girl was raped.

Casseopeia 21

This is really concerning, especially if the daughter isn't in a position to give consent..

I don't know why you're all assuming she was raped. I mean it is entirely possible and that's awful if it did but what if she wasn't? What if it is just some minor thing and she made the decision to have sex and got pregnant. It may be as simple as that but it seems to me that your all assuming she was raped because what? Nobody would want to have sex with a special needs person? Or because a special needs person can't make the decision to have sex? I don't know. I hope that come off as too terribly rude.

this worries me, it can indicate sexual abuse, if that is wat OP may mean

maybe bring them in and tell them face to face?