By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 03:16 - Canada - Ajax

Today, I had to call a parent and tell them that their special needs daughter is pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 146
You deserved it 2 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how special and how old is she? if she can't take care of herself then that's not a good thing.

Comments

I'm considered a special needs because I have ADHD

I'm a FAS child and a special needs woman too. Yet seeing how some people raise their kids, I'm certain I could do ten times better, even with my 'disability'.

Well, children with Down Syndrome can't reproduce. I just wanted to clear that up, yet I agree with your statement. They might not know the things they are doing and can harm themselves without having a way to explain.

Given that op had to inform the parent rather than the daughter doing it, I would guess their daughter was unable to consent due to age or ability or both. Also, given that this was done over the phone instead of in person, I would hazard to guess that she is in a longer term facility than a class.

RN2B1234 2

This is not true at all. People with Down's syndrome absolutely have reproductive capacity and would need to be on contraceptives to prevent pregnancy.

Her partner found that special someone then? But seriously, that sucks. If you're in charge of her during school hours, do your best to help her. FYL op.

AurumPotestasEst 16
AurumPotestasEst 16
katydid91 31

Actually, Women with Down Syndrome CAN become pregnant. It's men with Down Syndrome who are infertile.

What the **** do they teach at your school

Whatever gave you the notion op is in a school?