By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 03:16 - Canada - Ajax

Today, I had to call a parent and tell them that their special needs daughter is pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 146
You deserved it 2 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how special and how old is she? if she can't take care of herself then that's not a good thing.

Comments

DA3Z 16

Oh no, sorry op. That's a very uncomfortable spot to be in.

There is no happy medium in this case. Parents either hover constantly over their children, reminding them that they are different and can't be as independent as other children, or the parents take a step back and their kid gets hurt :/

Good luck with that. Hope the parents fine who is responsible for this.

A lot of times, mentally handicapped children are taken advantaged of, sexually by "normal-minded" people, because they believe there will be no way to prove it was them that did it, and that the 'mentally-challenged' person will be more vulnerable, and not understand what they're getting into, even if it is consensual. That's my take anyway...

Wow, that's concerning. It would be interesting to see how this folds out, in terms of how the pregnancy is handled..

This just hurts on so many levels. Depending on the age and limitations of the young lady, your next move should feature a call to the authorities.

Bi0xHazard 18

Depending on the age of that person with a disability I dont think its a problem. If they are 18 it is the responsibility of the parent, teacher and hopefully, their regional center to help their understanding of natural consequence. I work with college age people with disabilities.