By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 03:16 - Canada - Ajax

Today, I had to call a parent and tell them that their special needs daughter is pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 146
You deserved it 2 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how special and how old is she? if she can't take care of herself then that's not a good thing.

Comments

I guess you could say the father wanted his first time to be... special

I don't see why you feel you should point out she is special needs.

Because of the circumstances, the mother to be is likely to have a harder time with the consequences of a pregnancy. We don't know the details, but depending on what her disability is, pregnancy itself might be dangerous for her. If she's mentally impaired and carries to term, she'll likely have a hard time caring for the child, even as an adult, so the grandparents would have to step in and help with the child. Finally, there's a relatively high incidence of sexual abuse with disabled victims, often because the abuser believes that they're incapable of understanding what's happening and/or unlikely to report the abuse. She could have been raped. That's very relevant.

I'm wondering what's your occupation op?

I accidentally hit the wrong option going to comment!!!! eek. I hope the girl has mild special needs or her partner also has special needs. that could be so bad!

it is more common than you think.I had a teacher who taught at a special needs school in the past.He caught some of all ages practicing sex or experimenting because they have the hormones but can't comprehend the consequences.fyl

My mom worked as an assistant to a special education teacher in a junior high when I was little. She said one of the saddest things ever was a particular boy with an extreme case of autism, who would stare at any woman's breasts for hours. He had all the same hormones as any other male, but didn't know what to do with them or have any way of expressing them. He had to be watched constantly. It was a sad situation.

Is she consenting? There are lots of people with disabilities who can and do consent to sex.

Wow... That's hella messed up. And such a hard thing to do. At that moment I would probably have to quit to tell such a horrific thing

Wait, I don't understand. Is OP the one that got her pregnant or was it someone else? Forgive my lack of knowledge and nativity but I'm not getting the point here.