By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 03:16 - Canada - Ajax

Today, I had to call a parent and tell them that their special needs daughter is pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 146
You deserved it 2 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how special and how old is she? if she can't take care of herself then that's not a good thing.

Comments

It isn't necessarily a bad thing. If the family can be supportive and help her through the pregnancy and raising the child it could be a great thing. I guess it depends on the circumstances of the pregnancy and how supportive the family is.

Rosebudx 32

In my senior year, my band director charged me with protecting a very slow little girl who had joined up. She had few friends and I basically just made sure no one took advantage of her. Unfortunately, no one took up the position after I left. Every time I saw her about town, she was talking about how many boyfriends she had and all the "fun things" they did together. I actually threatened one of them, a family friend, within an inch of his life over the things she said they did. It is a miracle my little friend survived high school without getting pregnant. People who take advantage of girls like that make me absolutely sick. OP, I hope you know who the father is and that you take appropriate measures against him if need be.

Some parents do a really good job of making their kids feel normal. We, as outsiders, see the concern from the parents. I work with tons of kids that don't even realize they're different.

That must've been the most awkward phone call in the history of mankind

If she's sexually active why wasn't she on birth control?

It sounds like she was taken advantage of.

It's possible that either she was raped/co-erced or that maybe no one knew she was sexually active. Either that or she refused contraception or the contraception used failed.

SquirrellyGirl 20

This is really sad. I hope she wasn't taken advantage of, that happens way to often with the disabled

ArcheryArtist 20

I really need a follow up on this. Please give us more details! This is the first FML that I'm truly interested in, and I need more info!! If she was very mentally impaired there's a possibility that she was raped. If that's the case she probably was tricked into it or didn't understand what was going on. This happened to one of my relatives. She was severely mentally impaired and her own uncle raped her and put her on a horse to kill the baby. Its awful what some people do. I really hope you give us a follow up.

I don't think I want a follow-up, really. Without one, I can pretend the situation isn't as ****** up as it probably is, which is to say, likely similar to your relative's. :(

sbarua219 17

everybody everybody everybody *****. Don't get mad at me, system of the down said it first

Reading other comments on what could have happened and this one all I hear is " toxicity of this city". Chin up Op although difficult I'm sure its not your fault and you did the right thing informing the parents incase matters need to be looked into surrounding the pregnancy