By tracey - 19/10/2009 21:12 - United States

Today, I got pulled over for going 85mph in a 60mph zone on a highway in the Everglades. There were cars passing both the cop and me as I was being pulled over. The cop decided I was easiest to catch since I was the slowest of the bunch even though the other cars were topping 100mph. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 121
You deserved it 17 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're going to speed, might as well keep up with the others.

perdix 29

That's the typical predator/prey routine. The predator chooses the slowest and weakest of the herd. Thanks for letting us know that you are slow and weak. That might come in handy during a food shortage.

Comments

it's like stealing with a group of ppl from a store and trying to run from the scene, the fat guy is the one that's slowest and gets caught.

While you WERE speeding, you may be able to fight it stating that you were going with the flow of traffic and that state-taught driving schools commonly instruct that driving SLOWER than the speed of traffic (even if speeding) can impede traffic and cause more problems (be more dangerous) than strictly obeying the arbitrary speed limit.

i'm gonna call this one fake i know it's florida and people drive fast in florida but 100 mph? that's a little much

You need to see this road, it's completely empty and there's nothing on either side. It's not uncommon for many cars to be going 100+ on this road. Then again I've seen several people hit 100+ on a highway within Miami (I would know this because I was driving at that speed myself). Florida drivers are not the most sane people in the world.

You were speeding. 15+ over the posted limit constitutes reckless driving in most parts of the US. Obviously, YDI.

Jenspaztic 0

the bottom line here is don't speed and when you get pulled over instead of someone else who is also speeding don't bitch about it. i guarantee that the reason YOU got the ticket instead of everyone else speeding is because when the cop put his lights on you were the 1st to pull over.

Le_Pecheur 0

That's not the bottom line. If everyone else around you is speeding, it's more dangerous to go too slow, hence certain highways also have minimum speeds and not just speed limits. Have you ever been surrounded by cars going 90 mph while you were going 70? The drivers will get mad, honk at you, and come incredibly close to hitting you a lot of the time. I agree, your life sucks. You got the short end of the straw.

it's really really easy, drive the speed limit and you won't get a ticket

Take the ticket to court. I know several people who have been ticketed in similar situations, including my father, and each time they've had the ticket successfully thrown out, or only had to pay the fines and not have the points on their license.