By tracey - 19/10/2009 21:12 - United States

Today, I got pulled over for going 85mph in a 60mph zone on a highway in the Everglades. There were cars passing both the cop and me as I was being pulled over. The cop decided I was easiest to catch since I was the slowest of the bunch even though the other cars were topping 100mph. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 121
You deserved it 17 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're going to speed, might as well keep up with the others.

perdix 29

That's the typical predator/prey routine. The predator chooses the slowest and weakest of the herd. Thanks for letting us know that you are slow and weak. That might come in handy during a food shortage.

Comments

You know this is called **** my life... you think the people commenting would be a little less law obiding than this. I know I speed like mad, and I get pissed when I get pulled over. It's not like she got caught selling meth to kids...

Technically, it's called "Failing My Life", and just because people like to read amusing/unfortunate stories about others' mishaps doesn't mean we don't abide by the law. OP, YDI.

That's happened to my dad before. He was speeding, and he was the slowest out of all the others that were speeding as well. It sucks, but hey... shouldn't have done it in the first place.

...And I just reread it closely. What? Were you going on I-75? Because I can swear to you that the speed limit's 70. Either this is fake, or... I don't even know.

Alicat42 0

Alligator Alley. Everyone really does go that fast. It's a way to get from the east to west coast and vise versa through the everglades. It's florida, speeding ins't uncommon. I was clocked going 103 in a 70. Hello court date.

Yeah, I usually go 80-85, but I've never been ticketed before. Maybe I've been just lucky that the cops aren't around or that I'm too good as a cautious driver looking out for the cops. (Not that it really helps, I've had a few panic attacks in the car because they're pretty good at hiding sometimes, but I definitely slow down.) And I agree, people go pretty fast on I-75. And there's always the two different groups of drivers: the ones that stay precisely at 70 or 75 or below, or those that go 100+. There's almost never a between, because if you go on the left hand lane, people will tailgate you until you switch lanes and if you go on the right, it's just way too slow. At least from my own personal experience.

King_of_Kings 3

So, let me get this straight, the police officer just waltzed on up to your window and said out of the blue, your the easiest to catch, so i decided to pull you over, it don't matter that all the others are topping 100+. I'm going to ticket you instead. HA! I don't believe you for a second. I think you have no life and just wanted to be on fmylife.com so bad you decided to just tell some bullshit story. Well, I got an idea, why don't you get a life to **** up and then when something real comes along, you can type it up on here and if it is accepted, great. if not, oh well.

It's happened to my dad before too, although many moons ago. He was speeding and so was everyone else, but he was the slowest out of all those that were speeding. He got caught and got ticketed. It's that simple.

cerebellum_fml 0
sanem0808238036 0

Seriously if you saw the others driving 100+ and saw that they weren't being caught you should have too and since you didn't even freakinn realize that you deserved the shit you got into honey.

In Ontario you'd get your car impounded, and (i think) a one week suspension on your license for that.

The FAQ used to state that the F stood for failing, but it recently changed it to "open to interpretation".

I understand how that sucks, but yes, speeding is wrooooong.