By tracey - 19/10/2009 21:12 - United States

Today, I got pulled over for going 85mph in a 60mph zone on a highway in the Everglades. There were cars passing both the cop and me as I was being pulled over. The cop decided I was easiest to catch since I was the slowest of the bunch even though the other cars were topping 100mph. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 121
You deserved it 17 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're going to speed, might as well keep up with the others.

perdix 29

That's the typical predator/prey routine. The predator chooses the slowest and weakest of the herd. Thanks for letting us know that you are slow and weak. That might come in handy during a food shortage.

Comments

lol you're still speeding over the limit, what did you expect?

noshitsherlock 0

That's such bullshit. Most speed limits are OVERLY-cautious by 20 mph anyway.

Tell it to the judge. And then come back here and tell us how successful and convincing was your position.

Boohoo. YDI. Just because Bob stole a car and you only stole a t.v. doesn't make you less of a thief. Suck it up.

Good point. You don't have to steal anything... just be in the same car when Bob steals it, and you can bet your ass that BOTH of you are going to jail.

Duh... the lion doesn't go after the fastest wildebeest in the herd. He goes after the easiest one to catch. Stay with the herd if you don't want to get caught. It's not a traffic law... it's the law of natural selection.

just cause someone else is worse, it doesnt mean its alright for you to speed

The cop didn't really pick you out of the bunch... he's gotta radar gun. and if you're the last car to fly by him speeding; then you're most likely the one to get recorded... simple physics :) or you could have done the "Killer bees in the car" act...

cerebellum_fml 0

The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.

85 is not just speeding, it's being stupid. Sounds like the OP was racing and losing with a bunch of other cars. Cop could get only one at a time. Hopefully he called ahead so the others would get pulled over later.

Being a native Floridian, I can tell you that you most likely are wrong. You can and will get tailgated regardless of how fast your going and people will pass you like your sitting still if you aren't going fast enough for them. I've been on the highway where I'm doing 70 and people will pass me like I'm either at a crawl or have stopped in the middle of the road. I've been tailgated having people so far up my ass when I'm already going over the speed limit that they mine as well hop out of their car and come sit in my lap. These are the same people who will use any lane on a highway or road to pass you (even if it doesn't qualify as a passing lane... such as a shoulder, turning lane, or driving on the wrong side of the road) and some have no qualms about weaving in and out of traffic in the slow lanes on a highway. I'm not sticking up for street racers or anything. Personally, I hope they all get caught and get their licenses taken away (racing is for the tracks, kids). A good portion of Florida drivers are crazy SOB's so don't assume that just because the OP was going far above the speed limit that she was racing and so was everyone else. OP: Next time, keep up with traffic. Sure, it's dangerous as hell for everyone to be going that fast, but going so far below what everyone else is doing is just as dangerous. Plus, everyone else will be inclined to run you off the road if you don't keep up. I know a few people who've had that happen to them. Basic rules of Florida roads, unfortunately.

So true. Floridians have no patience (me included, I'll admit) when it comes to driving. Go at 70 and everyone will pass you. Go slower than that on the right and people will get impatient with you. Go slower than traffic on the left side of the lane especially, and people will get PISSED and cut you off to get in front of you and/or will tailgate you as close as possible until you change to the right lane (and I hate people like that, but there's tons of them out). I like going at a steady 80, 85 when I'm feelin' it. But I do drive safe and avoid weaving in and out constantly. Key is to definitely go along with traffic though. Don't go too fast or too slow.

might be 'cause most Floridians are New York transplants...

onemusicnote 0