By tracey - 19/10/2009 21:12 - United States

Today, I got pulled over for going 85mph in a 60mph zone on a highway in the Everglades. There were cars passing both the cop and me as I was being pulled over. The cop decided I was easiest to catch since I was the slowest of the bunch even though the other cars were topping 100mph. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 121
You deserved it 17 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're going to speed, might as well keep up with the others.

perdix 29

That's the typical predator/prey routine. The predator chooses the slowest and weakest of the herd. Thanks for letting us know that you are slow and weak. That might come in handy during a food shortage.

Comments

i cant believe that ppl are actually taking the cops side on this! F**K THE HIGHWAY PATROL! when u take some loser kid that got tired of taking crap throughout highschool and give him a badge, this is what happens. the other day i saw a cop pull my friend over and take out a measuring stick to measure his exhaust! and btw, it was totally legal i have mad respect tho for real law enforcement tho, like SWAT and drug bust teams and the sort

dudemitch 0

dude your a fuggin idiot the vast majority of police departments require at least an associates degree. all pd's are extremely selective and competitive when conducting the hiring process. cops arent "loser kids that got tired of taking crap in high school" police officers are highly trained to do the job they do. as for the measuring stick, be glad he did it. wouldnt it be shitty if he wrote the ticket just because it "looked to long" instead of taking the extra step and checking. and not just swat and raid teams are "real law enforcment" nobody gets onto a team like that without years of street experience.

Oh man alligator alley? I've gotten several tickets there...

You see, he did not pursue them because he was at a stop and, even in his interceptor, or charger, or whatever car he may have been driving, he would not have been able to catch them. It would have been a moot cause to pursue them. Maybe you should be more aware of every vehicle around you, coming up behind you, and that you are coming upon. This is what I do and I manage to go 85 mph in 60 mph zones all the time and never get caught... Sometimes paranoia is not that bad of a thing.

h2opoloplaya 0

I used to live there and that road makes you feel like your going 30 when your going 130

adhd95 0

Here's a tip: just because everyone else is speeding doesn't mean you have to! There's a reason they pulled you over! Speeding near the Everglades is a HUGE mistake! The cops care too much about the wildlife.

Remember, if you ever find yourself in the company of a hobbit and an ill-tempered dragon, you don't have to outrun the dragon ...

Jetblacksteel 0

Umm i thought that you had to flow with the traffic on a highway? Going too slow is just as dangerous as going too fast

The cop doesn't understand the issue. If the OP went 60mph, he runs the very real risk of getting the back end of his car totaled when a car going 100mph slams it.

This is rediculous, if you speed your going to get nailed. Just because someone else is speeding even if it is faster than yourself dosent mean that you shouldnt be held accountable for your actions. If you old enought to drive your old enought to know how to accept your own doing.

your username suits your comment. but honestly, who doesnt speed? i'm a new driver and i've gone 80 in a 70 because i was making a long drive by myself and got scared of being out in the dark. i'm sure OP had a good reason, too.