By tracey - 19/10/2009 21:12 - United States

Today, I got pulled over for going 85mph in a 60mph zone on a highway in the Everglades. There were cars passing both the cop and me as I was being pulled over. The cop decided I was easiest to catch since I was the slowest of the bunch even though the other cars were topping 100mph. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 121
You deserved it 17 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're going to speed, might as well keep up with the others.

perdix 29

That's the typical predator/prey routine. The predator chooses the slowest and weakest of the herd. Thanks for letting us know that you are slow and weak. That might come in handy during a food shortage.

Comments

UWBeautyQueen12 0

Thats what they do.. Nice job

The biggest rule of speeding... GO THE SAME SPEED AS EVERYONE ELSE AND STAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK. If you do that there is almost no chance that you will be pulled over, cops watch the pack leader fly by and radio ahead so he gets pulled over, then the first cop pulls over the last person in the pack (aka the slowest).

bsias4ever 0

same here..they shoot you in the eye with a tazer for looking at the cop wrong..cleveland,OHIO :D

going drastically slower than the rest of traffic is almost just as dangerous as speeding. the only difference is that it puts everyone's hazard in front of them where they're more likely to be looking. fail on the cop's part though... all that does is encourage people to speed. police cruisers are built fast for a reason. if i were a cop i'd totally go for the fastest one... a good car chase sounds like much more fun than writing up a lot of small scale speeding tickets. still... 40k over the speed limit...

allihall127 0

FYL. Even though you were speeding too, the people here are right. Going 60 when others are going 100 can be even more dangerous than speeding. It's better to just go with the traffic in a situation like this, even if it is speeding.

robor007 0

jfc this place is filled with morons whining about speeding on Alligator Alley. you ppl are probably the same assholes who drive at or under the speed limit in the left lane while cars go around their inconsiderate asses. in short, GTFOOTLL. oh, and shens on the OP getting pulled over while others were going 100. total bs.

YDI. Speeding is speeding. Just because other people were going faster than you doesn't make you any less guilty. I'm a native Floridian, and I live in a town that's overridden with senile, half-blind senior citizens who'll plow you over in the Publix parking lot. I've seen my fair share of terrible, ridiculous drivers. And I WISH that the cops here gave a shit, but they don't; people break nearly all the rules. And other people die for it. Your car is NOT a toy, so don't treat it like one.

really that's your argument, STFU, it's always someones turn for the group this time it was you... you'll live