By Pox - 04/02/2011 03:19 - United States

Today, I got chickenpox. I'm 28 and having chickenpox as an adult is excruciatingly painful. When I told my boss I wasn't going to be at work today because of chickenpox he replied, "That's the worst excuse I've ever heard. Adults don't get chickenpox." He then fired me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 503
You deserved it 2 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you should have taken a picture and sent it to him or something.

Comments

go into work and show that bitch who's the real boss

Do you perhaps mean that you have Shingles? I've you've already had chickenpox before this, the chickenpox can reappear is a rash called Shingles (which is indeed EXCRUCIATINGLY painful, I can attest to that). The chickenpox virus stays latent in your body when/if it decides to reappear as Shingles. Your boss should really Google these things before he makes stupid assumptions. Sorry, OP! Maybe you should get a doctor's note and show it to him? Or maybe you'd be better off working for someone who isn't an asshole!

horseracingjocey 0

But you are right! Shingles is very very painful!!!

I've never had chicken pox (despite being in a house where both my siblings had it), but I had to get the vaccine before they let me into college for the exact reason you're describing: It sucks to get chicken pox as an adult and it sucks to be you.

FajitaFreak 3

Go to work. Go up to your boss. Let him see your skin. Then google him Chickenpox.

yeah your boss cant fire you for this, if its actually true. Adults can get chicken pox if they never had it as a kid. Get a lawyer if you need to, trust me your boss will change his tune and fast.

Moniii723 0

if you show proof of you having chicken pox you can show it to your boss and you can get the job back